Charlie Brenneman released by UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Saw this coming
Last three losses by stoppages in the first rd didn't help

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

He's a Steeler fan so good riddance!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think this is the UFC Brass actually listening to it's fans......think of all the LNP/wet blanket comments in the last few years. People dont mind watching a war, in fact they love it! Hence Bonnar Griifn being a classic, however they dont want to always watch a wrestling match, no matter how much Rogan comments on control and exhausting clinch positions.....it is boring to all except for the few of us who have actually wrestled. Rough decision, personally I think he should have been given one more chance.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think this is the UFC Brass actually listening to it's fans......think of all the LNP/wet blanket comments in the last few years. People dont mind watching a war, in fact they love it! Hence Bonnar Griifn being a classic, however they dont want to always watch a wrestling match, no matter how much Rogan comments on control and exhausting clinch positions.....it is boring to all except for the few of us who have actually wrestled. Rough decision, personally I think he should have been given one more chance.

Totally agree. The wrestling-heavy fights *are* boring. I am a little surprised he was cut this early on, but looking at it objectively, I have no real desire to see him fight again.

Nice guy though. And sad about Omigawa, too.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

imo that's bullshit. He got screwed in his last fight by an early stoppage. Plus there is no shame in losing to a LHW in Rumble and a hot prospect in Silva. Also didn't he bail the UFC out by accepting a fight on 2 days notice? You would figure he would get a bit of a longer leash.

I tried to prop you, but they wont let me.

I agree, especially since the stoppage was very questionable in his last fight and I would have thought the goodwill from the Story fight would have given him one more fight.

I guess Volkmann better win on Friday or he may be next.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Figured. Not sad about it.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

He's a Steeler fan so good riddance!

Props forever

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

I'd like to see him fight Ben Askren in Bellator, just for the Welcome Back Kotter retro-visual.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by fullerene

I'd like to see him fight Ben Askren in Bellator, just for the Welcome Back Kotter retro-visual.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by fullerene

haha...

I'd like to see the results of that fight.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Figured. Not sad about it.

Thank you!

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]