MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Stephan and Andrea Bonnar contemplating naming unborn son after former foe Forrest Griffin   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

UFC fighter Stephan Bonnar will become a first-time father sometime in October. There is a chance his new son will enter this world as he's fighting Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 153 on Oct. 13 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

But whenever he comes, he might have a pretty catchy name.

Bonnar and his wife, Andrea, haven't decided definitively upon a name for their unborn son, but one name they've kicked around is Griffin.

As in, Griffin Bonnar. For those who aren't long-time mixed martial arts fans, those words have significant meaning in the sport...

Full Story

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Just name him 7.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

I wouldnt name my kid after some guy that beat me up. Just saying

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by george112

Would you name it after a guy who you and him, in 15 minutes made you famous worldwide and created the success of a sport? That 10+ million people saw? Changed your lifestyle and made you rich?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I think that shows a lot about his character. Bonnar is a class act. I think its cool that he would name his son after Forrest. That 15 minute absolute battle they had made them both who they are today. I give it two

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Funny how I used to like Forrest and hate bonner and while I wouldn't say I hate Forrest I sure do like Bonnar more.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by george112

Would you name it after a guy who you and him, in 15 minutes made you famous worldwide and created the success of a sport? That 10+ million people saw? Changed your lifestyle and made you rich?

It's a great idea. Wish I was named after a former champion.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by george112

No

I'd name him after myself before I did that.

Now if Forrest would have ran through a burning building to save myself and my pregnant wife then yes then I would

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by george112

Posted by jjeans

Posted by george112

No

I'd name him after myself before I did that.

Now if Forrest would have ran through a burning building to save myself and my pregnant wife then yes then I would

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i dont think of these two as foe's

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I get where he's coming from. Probably the only reason he hasn't already made up his mind is because he doesn't want his kid to have a name like "Forrest."

That would be a deal breaker for me.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

If they do choose that name, and he grows up to be a fighter, I'm going to be very confused.

"Griffin" is kindof a cool name anyhow.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

The best fight in April 2005 was Shogun/Minotoro.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Goatenstein

The best fight in April 2005 was Shogun/Minotoro.

Yeah, that fight actually had technique. Everyone seems to have mistaken heart for it when guys were showing heart in pubfights around the world.

Its free on youtube now folks, go watch it.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

I get where he's coming from. Probably the only reason he hasn't already made up his mind is because he doesn't want his kid to have a name like "Forrest."

That would be a deal breaker for me.

run forrest run

but he said they were thinking about his 1st name being griffin so it wouldn't be forrest

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]