MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana Strikes Deal With Jon Jones: Will No Longer Talk Bad About Coach Jackson   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

link
“I sat down with Jon Jones and we talked, I made a deal with Jon,” White said. “I’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]. I think you guys know my opinion and how I feel. It hasn’t changed.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Was the deal, I won't talk about Coach Jackson anymore if you finally step up and take a fight when this organize is in trouble? If so, good deal Dana.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Was the deal, I won't talk about Coach Jackson anymore if you finally step up and take a fight when this organize is in trouble? If so, good deal Dana.

Well he did step up and take a fight....although that was before he was champ

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

the best way to cement jones' legacy is for him to fight anybody anytime. he's kind of competing against chucks legacy IMO (even though we all know thats impossible to beat). he keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights. i think thats why anderson has gotten criticism.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

He keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights.

How do you mean? I feel like if a guy wrecks every person who is still fighting that has had the belt and anyone else who comes after it. We will have to crown him GOAT like it or not.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

He keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights.

How do you mean? I feel like if a guy wrecks every person who is still fighting that has had the belt and anyone else who comes after it. We will have to crown him GOAT like it or not.

I have to agree with postman here.

You're already seeing this effect. Jon Jones has very few fans right now but just about everyone has him in the top 3 P4P.

Maybe you meant to say he'll never be an "all time favorite" or something like that?

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Dana White: "’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]."

Dana White three sentences later: "I do think Jon Jones’ arm would be feeling a lot better right now if he didn’t listen to Greg Jackson."

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Dana White: "’m not going to say anything about Greg Jackson [anymore]."

Dana White three sentences later: "I do think Jon Jones’ arm would be feeling a lot better right now if he didn’t listen to Greg Jackson."

lol...yeah "That's all I'm going to say about it." Right...until he gets crazy pissed off again.

Even if he does stick to his pledge, it's in Zuffa's best interest to not be publicly bashing the (preeminent) coaches. Have a word with them in private if you want to go on a tirade.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

as along as he doesn't become like may"not"weather, yes he is undefeated but will forever be remember for not fighting packman and just how he conducted himself and hand picked his fighters vs how brilliant of a defense fighter he was. that is what i think tcunningham is talking about.

there is more to just winning when you are taking about all time greats as jones says he wants to be.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

as along as he doesn't become like may"not"weather, yes he is undefeated but will forever be remember for not fighting packman and just how he conducted himself and hand picked his fighters vs how brilliant of a defense fighter he was. that is what i think tcunningham is talking about.

there is more to just winning when you are taking about all time greats as jones says he wants to be.

Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Quinton Jackson
Mauricio Rua
Ryan Bader
Vladimir Matyushenko
Brandon Vera
Matt Hamill
Jake O'Brien
Stephan Bonnar
Andre Gusmao

Thats one hell of a hand picked list

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

HA! - - - Jackson is NOT a coach, he is a $$$ MANAGER $$$ of fighters.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Manak

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evans
Lyoto Machida
Quinton Jackson
Mauricio Rua
Ryan Bader
Vladimir Matyushenko
Brandon Vera
Matt Hamill
Jake O'Brien
Stephan Bonnar
Andre Gusmao

Thats one hell of a hand picked list

i said as long as he doesn't turn into mayweather and then explained mayweather's faults not jones. like i said in my post, jones talks about being an all time great & compare to why winning isn't everything by using mayweather as an example.

jones is well on to his way to legend status but he could tarnish it by acting like mayweather

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

the best way to cement jones' legacy is for him to fight anybody anytime. he's kind of competing against chucks legacy IMO (even though we all know thats impossible to beat). he keeps saying he wants to be the greatest of all time but there is more to just winning all his fights. i think thats why anderson has gotten criticism.

He already is the greatest of all time.

Look at the opponents he has faced and destroyed.

Fact.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

I have to agree with postman here.

You're already seeing this effect. Jon Jones has very few fans right now but just about everyone has him in the top 3 P4P.

Maybe you meant to say he'll never be an "all time favorite" or something like that?

I was sitting around thinking what makes #1 P4P....and finally heres my take....I think a #1 P4P must be well-rounded in all areas...No glaring weaknessess...

Thats why I have Jones as #1 and not Silva.....Silvas does not have good wreslting or takedown defense for a good wrestler...

Jones has no glaring weakness...As of right now I would take his skill set against any other fighter in MMA...

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

It almost seems like Jones is the first person ever to have Dana by the balls. I would have expected Dana to remain a hard ass since he essentially could control the career of anyone in MMA

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]