MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Hacran Dias vs. Chad Mendes set for UFC on FX 6   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Chad Mendes (12-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will soon be back in the cage.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with a source close to the event that the onetime featherweight title challenger is scheduled to meet Brazilian Hacran Dias (21-1-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at UFC on FX 6.

The booking was first reported by Brazilian outlet SporTV.

UFC on FX 6 takes place Saturday, Dec. 15, at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Australia. The event's main card airs live on FX (on Friday, Dec. 14, in the U.S. due to the time difference) following prelims on FUEL TV.

LINK

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I better not see people complaining about this fight.

Dana and the boys probably just want to see Mendes on the championship comeback tour and although Dias isn't the biggest name the UFC has to offer he's a gamer with a tonne more MMA experience than Mendes. And it's a better fight than the McKenzie one haha

Dirty Blue

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

This is an awesome match up big test for Hacran should be a great fight

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Sweet fight, Hacran deffs impressed me against Alcantara but it's tough to pick against Mendes here. either way very interesting that's for sure

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Awesome Fight!! I got Mendes UD but u never know

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by jjeans

I hate this fight just because you want me to like it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I also like this fight a lot. If somehow Dias pulls the upset that will do wonders for him.
Dias if I remember correctly was suppose to be on TUF Brazil Season 1 and got a pass straight into the UFC. I'm pretty sure that is.
And for Mendes he's still probably #2 at Featherweight. He already had his title shot with Aldo and lost. That's the only reason he's not the #1 contender in the division. But he could very well beat the 3 other guys (TKZ, Koch, Lamas) that are up there in the title shot picture. However I don't think he'd beat Frankie. But that would be a very tough fight and wouldn't mind seeing that in the future.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

It's hard to pick almost anyone against Mendes, but I REALLY like Dias's chances in this one. He's so far below the radar that I think fans and oddsmakers alike might be in for a big surprise. I love this fight, and I'm glad they are giving Hacran a chance against tough competition right away, they might have a superstar on their hands with him.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by jjeans

Dana and the boys probably just want to see Mendes on the championship comeback tour and although Dias isn't the biggest name the UFC has to offer he's a gamer with a tonne more MMA experience than Mendes. And it's a better fight than the McKenzie one haha

Complain about it? This is a great fight. Dias just won a convincing decision over Alcantara who I thought was going to be a big threat to Aldo in the future. This seems as logical as any fight. A hell of a lot better than matching Mendes up with Cody McKenzie, who is no where near his level.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

mendes via sucker punch from behind.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Suprised this is on the Aussie card
Ufc probably thinks they aren't gonna sell out a arena
On a tuf card mostly
Good fight though

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Good to see Mendes getting a fight, I thought he was going to be sidelined for his extra curricular incidents.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

This is a really sweet fight. I think Mendes grinds out a UD.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

It's hard to pick almost anyone against Mendes, but I REALLY like Dias's chances in this one. He's so far below the radar that I think fans and oddsmakers alike might be in for a big surprise. I love this fight, and I'm glad they are giving Hacran a chance against tough competition right away, they might have a superstar on their hands with him.

I love this fight also, but i was hoping Hacran wouldn't run into somebody like Mendes until he had a decent win-streak going.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Dias is really good but I don't know how he handles a LnP fighter like Mendes. Dias isn't Cody McKenzie so a finish on Mendes' part isn't likely. Dynamic talents like Dias a lot of time get LnP'd by some wrestler early in their UFC stint when they are destined for a title shot, see Pettis vs Guida, where if they just stood that fight up more often like they should when Clay Lays and Prays never passing guard or looking for anything, that fight would've been exciting.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]