MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Daniel Cormier pushes for Pat Barry fight at Nov. 3 Strikeforce event   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

With Frank Mir injured and Matt Mitrione unwilling to take the fight, Strikeforce heavyweight Daniel Cormier appears to be taking charge of his own future.

With his Nov. 3 Strikeforce headliner a little more than a month away, Cormier is publicly campaigning for an opponent, and it's sticking with the Strikeforce-vs.-UFC theme.

Cormier (10-0 MMA, 4-0 SF) wants Pat Barry (7-5 MMA, 4-5 UFC).

"@danawhite offer the fight to @HypeOrDie he's from Louisiana like me," he wrote. "He will take the fight. Let's do it!"

He then encouraged fans to retweet the plea.

LINK

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

In no way do I find Pat Barry to be an interesting replacement. This to me is an easy win before entering the UFC and a major step down for DC considering he just beat Barnett

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Way to aim high, Mr. Cormier!

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Barry....?

Well, I fully expect a Cormier win.

But Barry comes to fight (sometimes to hug) and he is somewhat recognizable so Comier could gain some value from the win.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Way to aim high, Mr. Cormier!

Seriously, this is a hilarious request. What about this does he find compelling? Fighting an actual heavy weight who doesn't even stand 6' tall?

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Why not Lavar Johnson?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Sounds like he wants a one dimensional fighter who he thinks he can beat easily

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Why not Lavar Johnson?

Not a big enough name.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Bubbles

Why not Lavar Johnson?

Not a big enough name.

Daniel Cormier isn't even a big name!!!

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

2-3 Pat Barry fights ago I would have said "niicceee", but now it doesn't really appeal. I do like Barry and he seems like a cool guy, but he just hasn't delivered

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by sparky

In no way do I find Pat Barry to be an interesting replacement. This to me is an easy win before entering the UFC and a major step down for DC considering he just beat Barnett

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

HW is still such a shallow division compared to the other weight classes. Options really are limited in this division, especially when you add in injuries, suspensions and fighters unwilling to fight.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by sparky

I agree. DC needs a top 10 or borderline top 10 HW opponent and a win in order to be in the title fight talk. I realize he's already being considered for "in line" at a shot at the belt. But like you said Barry is a huge step backwards after beating Barnett.
Another problem there really isn't much competition out there when it comes to the top 10 ranked HW's. They are already matched up, injured, or suspended. The only top ranked guy a can think of off the top of my head is Werdum.
I was kind of hoping if JDS beat Cain that they would have Werdum and JDS coach TUF Brazil 2 while the rest of division gets sorted out. I'm not sure but last I heard Shogun and Machida were going to coach TUF Brazil 2. But I'm not certain but that would through that idea out.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

I think Barrys not a bad fight. We are assuming Cormier is going to go with a takedown but Cormiers been banking on power punching. Barry would certainly give a test there.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Dberntson

HW is still such a shallow division compared to the other weight classes. Options really are limited in this division, especially when you add in injuries, suspensions and fighters unwilling to fight.

The injuries and big layoffs between fights are the reason this division is shallow. If there was simply more fighting then we would have a lot higher number of polarized HW fighters.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]