MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC president pleased with UFC on FUEL TV 5 card – save for one fight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

From top to bottom, Dana White was a big fan of how UFC on FUEL TV 5 had turned out.

It was the promotion's debut in Nottingham, England, and mid-week, the UFC president said he could throw a dart at a board and that fight could wind up being the "Fight of the Night" winner.

After Saturday's card, White's early feelings were confirmed. That is, until he was reminded of one fight in particular.

Link

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

If that was the worst fight of the night Dana should be stoked.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I didn't see how that fight looked good on paper. 6 decisions endings for Hathaway in his last 6 fights. Maguire mainly a submission guy.

But, Dana likes to complain.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Dana bitching just to bitch. Funny he talks shit on the people who booed Barao-Faber and Johnson-Benavidez, but says this fight was horrible.

I thought it was a great fight, decision or not.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I disagree with Dana, there was 2 boring fights, Hathaway/Maguire and Hardy/Sadollah!

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

not gonna lie. I fell asleep during the Halaway/Miguire fight

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Rabi

I disagree with Dana, there was 2 boring fights, Hathaway/Maguire and Hardy/Sadollah!

Maybe it's because I'm a Hardy fan but I didn't think it was that bad. Sure we expected both to trade all fight but Hardy showing a new side to his fight game was great to see. Obviously it needs work but the fact he is willing to evolve is good for his career.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

For me that was a pointless fight. Hardy was facing a fighter who lost his last fight to an opponent who Hardy beat on his last fight (Ludwig) anything less then Hardy making a statement was disapointing IMO!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

There should be a rule that states
Hathaway and sandollah both need to stay off main cards

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Rabi

For me that was a pointless fight. Hardy was facing a fighter who lost his last fight to an opponent who Hardy beat on his last fight (Ludwig) anything less then Hardy making a statement was disapointing IMO!

Can't say I agree but I totally see where you are coming from

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I clicked the link thinking he was going to call out the shotty reffing & shitty judging for the Ogle-Akira fight. I mean the dude landed a hard slug after the bell & intential or not the ref should have atleast acknowledged it! PLUS Ogle was super robbed. BUT NOOOO Dana bitching for the sake of bitching again. Dude needs a tampon or two.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by shaneTpain

I clicked the link thinking he was going to call out the shotty reffing & shitty judging for the Ogle-Akira fight. I mean the dude landed a hard slug after the bell & intential or not the ref should have atleast acknowledged it! PLUS Ogle was super robbed. BUT NOOOO Dana bitching for the sake of bitching again. Dude needs a tampon or two.

That's exactly what I thought

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

not gonna lie. I fell asleep during the Halaway/Miguire fight

I fell asleep during Hardy/Sadollah. But Hathaway/Maguire got my eyes droopin for sure.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Huh....

I actually found both fights very entertaining.

The only one I didn't like was Che Mills vs Ludwig. But you can't really blame either guy for that one.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

What I thought was crazy is that was Amir Sadollah's second time he was the Co-Main event.
The 1st one was when he fought Jorge Lopez. When Cerrone and Stephens should have been in the Co-Main.
I bet Amir will not be in any more Co-main's ever again.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]