MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Rogan and Goldie lastnight   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

yeah these clowns were pissin me off too. especially the mark coleman part.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

yeah these clowns were pissin me off too. especially the mark coleman part.

bababa I think headbutts should be allowed bababa (lights up another dooby)

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Posted by warglory

I don't think you guys realize that Goldie asks the questions he asks to help enlighten the audience. He is there to balance out Joe Rogan's nerdy fight knowledge, where he throws out names of moves left and right. Granted, Goldie has a much more limited knowledge of the fight game, but he makes logical connections between fighters and fights all the time, that Rogan praises him on.

In a lot of ways, Rogan has the easy job commentating, because he gets to say whatever he wants essentially, since he's the one with the encyclopedia of fight knowledge. Goldie is the UFC guy, and that comes with a lot of responsibility, which I think he handles quite well.

yes.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Who knows. They should add a third man

BAS!

Kastro » Posted 4/21/07 7:05:00PM

Funny you mentioned this because I thought the exact same thing about the commentating and did not think anyone else would agree!

It was like they were drunk or something, and they had this kind of attitude to them kinda like "we can commentate how we want to because were Goldie & Rogan).

I give their commentation a 2/10 for real.. It was terrible, they both need to step their game up perhaps they are too used to their job and are starting to slouch?

Who knows, I just hope that the next even is better in terms of commentating which can add nicely to a bout - Damn I wish Bas Rutten was around, even Mauro Renallo could have done a better job!

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by prozacnation1978

Who knows. They should add a third man

BAS!

YES!

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I'll take them over anyone not named John Stirling or Chris Burman (sp). The latter rarely calls games and when he does they rule. I like Rogan and Goldie, despite their short comings. Better than having one of those NFL family friendly announcers with the "gee wizz, that was such a doggone good punch. That left hook is as good as anyone else's on any given day (this borders on one of the worst formats for praise, it hardly makes sense at all and they use it ALL THE TIME)". Plus Rogan says some pretty funny stuff on occasion.

Adam_Buru » Posted 1/22/07 7:55:00PM

Rogan's nuthuggery of certain fighters is starting to make the UFC unwatchable for me.

I never thought I'd say that.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Fire Goldie, I've been saying this since I started watching. And Anik, he is a robot.

The best combo would probably be Bas, Couture and Rogan, in that order.

And yeah those defending goldie as the noob-instructor, you don't need to dumb yourself down just to educate people, that's like asking a teacher to tell the kids all the wrong answers in school and saying just kidding here are the real answers. There's no reason why he shouldn't know the difference between kicks or get names correct without sounding like an uneducated person in general.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Rogan's nuthuggery of certain fighters is starting to make the UFC unwatchable for me.

for me it's not unwatchable but i can certainly due without it

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by Cooler

Fire Goldie, I've been saying this since I started watching. And Anik, he is a robot.

And yeah those defending goldie as the noob-instructor, you don't need to dumb yourself down just to educate people, that's like asking a teacher to tell the kids all the wrong answers in school and saying just kidding here are the real answers. There's no reason why he shouldn't know the difference between kicks or get names correct without sounding like an uneducated person in general.

But for the most part, he does know what he's talking about, it's only because you are expecting to hear stupid shit, and when you do that's all that you remember.

I guarantee you that he knows more about the UFC and it's fighters than anyone on the playground.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Cooler

But for the most part, he does know what he's talking about, it's only because you are expecting to hear stupid shit, and when you do that's all that you remember.

I guarantee you that he knows more about the UFC and it's fighters than anyone on the playground.

But he doesn't have to put on a facade of stupidity. I really don't think it's just some of the time, he messes up quite a bit for a professional commentator. Making oneself sound dumb and using self deprecating measures on yourself like asking Rogan questions he already knows is beyond trying to help out new fans. What do you think warglory? Can he be educational to new fans without dumbing his knowledge down? I'm in the yes camp on this one.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]