MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Rogan and Goldie lastnight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Im not a fan of either dude but man lastnight had to
be a record setter for terrible commentary.

- Fighter names butchered ( Matt "The Hamill" Hamill, Carl Noke? )
- Immense nut hugging by Rogan. ( he wouldn't even acknowledge Brimage feeding Hettes the whole fight, at one point he said Hettes was doing a great job holding the centre of the octagon? & how many times do we have to be told that Mighty mouse is fast & technical?)
-Talking about Mark Coleman & how headbutts during the whole Hamill/Hollet fight.
-Goldie having to be taught the difference between a side kick & a oblique kick by Joe during the Bines/Vitor fight. Shouldn't he know this kinda thing?
- Long & akward silences!!! During action!!! In one bout a fighter landed a solid kick that stumbled his opponent & nothing was said!! Complete silence!! My girlfriend asked me " Where did the announcers go?" !! WTF!!!

Lastnights event was incredible tho

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I thought the Coleman-head-butt-discussion was because the fight was boring, but it did strike me as odd just how many times he said it.

The other thing was the 38 bpm resting heart rate for Bisping...i know he's gonna dwell on that in the future. It's an interesting fact, but who cares really.

I still think Rogan is the best out there for the most part. Goldy, not so much.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Ive never liked Goldie, for someone who has been commentating on the UFC for such a long time is knowledge is poor, when he quotes these pointless facts he seems to be reading them off a sheet.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by scoozna

I thought the Coleman-head-butt-discussion was because the fight was boring, but it did strike me as odd just how many times he said it.

The other thing was the 38 bpm resting heart rate for Bisping...i know he's gonna dwell on that in the future. It's an interesting fact, but who cares really.

I still think Rogan is the best out there for the most part. Goldy, not so much.

We need a new structure commentator that actually knows what the fuck theyre talking about. Goldie never knows left from right.....

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Rogan had to remind Goldie again that blood helped sink chokes in

How many fights do you have to see to realize that Goldberg???

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by george112

Rogan had to remind Goldie again that blood helped sink chokes in

How many fights do you have to see to realize that Goldberg???

THIS. Goldberg is DUMB AS FUCK. He and Joe Rogan annoy this piss out of me. They are terrible commentators. They've gotten too comfortable, and they know Anik and Kenflo won't be replacing them because somehow they are worse.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

I don't think you guys realize that Goldie asks the questions he asks to help enlighten the audience. He is there to balance out Joe Rogan's nerdy fight knowledge, where he throws out names of moves left and right. Granted, Goldie has a much more limited knowledge of the fight game, but he makes logical connections between fighters and fights all the time, that Rogan praises him on.

In a lot of ways, Rogan has the easy job commentating, because he gets to say whatever he wants essentially, since he's the one with the encyclopedia of fight knowledge. Goldie is the UFC guy, and that comes with a lot of responsibility, which I think he handles quite well.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Watched at Bdubs so I really didn't hear half of what Goldie and Rogan said. Just the way I like it.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

one more time people:

To enhance your UFC viewing experience, we recommend that it be watched on Mute. You're Welcome.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by warglory

I don't think you guys realize that Goldie asks the questions he asks to help enlighten the audience. He is there to balance out Joe Rogan's nerdy fight knowledge, where he throws out names of moves left and right. Granted, Goldie has a much more limited knowledge of the fight game, but he makes logical connections between fighters and fights all the time, that Rogan praises him on.

In a lot of ways, Rogan has the easy job commentating, because he gets to say whatever he wants essentially, since he's the one with the encyclopedia of fight knowledge. Goldie is the UFC guy, and that comes with a lot of responsibility, which I think he handles quite well.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

( )( ) <------------------------ Mighty Mouse's nuts
. .
> <-------------------------Rogan's mouth
O

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

joe rogan was busy getting teabagged by mighty mouse's sack

ridiculous commentary for that fight

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

thankfully I didnt hear a single peep from Rogan unless it was a post fight interview. I had a feeling he swung from MM's sack all fight long when he said "I thought it was pretty obvious you won the fight but what did you think when it was announced as a split decision?"

I think Rogan was still feeling the effects of the awesome bud we have up here that he can't get south of the boarder

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by warglory

except it wasnt a question, it went more like, wow hes bleeding, sure will be hard to sink the choke.....no actually its easier is a lot of cases, oh....

probably the third time ive heard it said in just a few cards.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't know if they just were cage rusty. Been a month
Who knows. They should add a third man

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]