MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Michael Bisping:"I haven't had the title shot yet, I think it's long overdue."   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

I love the way everyone tools Bisping in his hopes to get a title shot. Chael Sonnen Beat Brian stann and controversially beat Bisping to get his rematch with Silva. Everyone said Bisping was gonna get ko'd by Rivera. Mike won via tko. Everyone said Mayhem would out class Bisping in all areas, didn't happen, Mike won tko. Then came the almighty Chael Sonnen, everyone said Chael would wipe the floor with Bisping, that didn't happen either. In fact in a close fight, Chael even told Bisping that he thought Mike had won the fight. Bisping was the only guy who Chael had fought since chael vs Dan miller who was able to get back to his feet after every take down. That being said, Chael went on to get humiliated by Silva in the much anticipated rematch. Bisping vs Stann, oh no, let me guess, Everyone says Bisping is gonna get ko'd again... Didn't happen once again, Bisping shows his MMA experience to get the job done and beats Brian Stann.

Does Bisping deserve a title shot? Yes, i Believe Bisping can complicate a fight with Silva and make it an interesting match up. Mikes style is complicating and has been proven by the opponents he has faced recently. No one wether you love mike or hate mike can deny that he is so well rounded that he presents problems to any middleweight in that division. Give him his shot and i think once again, you haters will be surprised at how good a fight he gives silva !!!

Who is everyone? Bisping was a 76%-24% favorite on the playground over Rivera, and the betting favorite by a good margin on the vegas betting sites.

Granted Mayhem was the favorite on the playground, but that shows how out of whack the odds on the playground are.

Playground Odds- Miller -105 Real Odds - +186
Playground Odds- Bisping +105 Real Odds - 225

Tell Michael to face someone in the top 5 and he wins he gets his shot, until then he can keep bitching about beating mid level fighters.

So now its top 5? You keep moving the goalposts to suit your agenda.

The picks on here are completely irrelevant to how people feel, as the picks are a game...I think the majority opinion on here is that he is disliked and therefore doesn't afford the same chances others who are more favoured get.

You only have to take a look a number of recent opponents who faced Silva for the title, and its pretty easy to question their 'worthyness' in getting that shot.

What goalposts? Was Stann even a top 10 fighter at all? His best win is Leben. How are the picks not relevant to how people feel? People make picks for any number or reasons, whether they like or despise a fighter or that they actually use their heads when making a pick.

Sonnen got a title shot for beating Stann and Bisping (only just) and nobody said anything then so....

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

What goalposts? Was Stann even a top 10 fighter at all? His best win is Leben. How are the picks not relevant to how people feel? People make picks for any number or reasons, whether they like or despise a fighter or that they actually use their heads when making a pick.

Well, you said top 10 fighter on page 1, then changed it to top 5 - that's what I'm talking about.

MMA weekly certainly rates Stann as top ten and I'm sure they're not alone - it was my first hit from Google.

Picks aren't directly related to members opinions because its a game and sometimes you have to ignore your heart and rule with your head.

Bottom line is Bisping won't get balanced opinion certainly not on a US site, where he gets special treatment particularly since the Hamill fight, that's a fact.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

I love the way everyone tools Bisping in his hopes to get a title shot. Chael Sonnen Beat Brian stann and controversially beat Bisping to get his rematch with Silva. Everyone said Bisping was gonna get ko'd by Rivera. Mike won via tko. Everyone said Mayhem would out class Bisping in all areas, didn't happen, Mike won tko. Then came the almighty Chael Sonnen, everyone said Chael would wipe the floor with Bisping, that didn't happen either. In fact in a close fight, Chael even told Bisping that he thought Mike had won the fight. Bisping was the only guy who Chael had fought since chael vs Dan miller who was able to get back to his feet after every take down. That being said, Chael went on to get humiliated by Silva in the much anticipated rematch. Bisping vs Stann, oh no, let me guess, Everyone says Bisping is gonna get ko'd again... Didn't happen once again, Bisping shows his MMA experience to get the job done and beats Brian Stann.

Does Bisping deserve a title shot? Yes, i Believe Bisping can complicate a fight with Silva and make it an interesting match up. Mikes style is complicating and has been proven by the opponents he has faced recently. No one wether you love mike or hate mike can deny that he is so well rounded that he presents problems to any middleweight in that division. Give him his shot and i think once again, you haters will be surprised at how good a fight he gives silva !!!

Who is everyone? Bisping was a 76%-24% favorite on the playground over Rivera, and the betting favorite by a good margin on the vegas betting sites.

Granted Mayhem was the favorite on the playground, but that shows how out of whack the odds on the playground are.

Tell Michael to face someone in the top 5 and he wins he gets his shot, until then he can keep bitching about beating mid level fighters.

The picks on here are completely irrelevant to how people feel, as the picks are a game...I think the majority opinion on here is that he is disliked and therefore doesn't afford the same chances others who are more favoured get.

You only have to take a look a number of recent opponents who faced Silva for the title, and its pretty easy to question their 'worthyness' in getting that shot.

Sonnen got a title shot for beating Stann and Bisping (only just) and nobody said anything then so....

Yeah that was AFTER Sonnen had almost taken the belt. And he had to earn his way back to a title shot with a win or two, and he did. If Bisping had won he would've gotten the title shot but he blew it, and look a few wins later and Dana still wont give him a title shot? why? because Bisping still has beaten mid tiers at best.

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Well, you said top 10 fighter on page 1, then changed it to top 5 - that's what I'm talking about.

MMA weekly certainly rates Stann as top ten and I'm sure they're not alone - it was my first hit from Google.

Picks aren't directly related to members opinions because its a game and sometimes you have to ignore your heart and rule with your head.

Bottom line is Bisping won't get balanced opinion certainly not on a US site, where he gets special treatment particularly since the Hamill fight, that's a fact.

And what top 10 did Stann beat to become a top 10? see where your logic fails?

And stop bringing nationality into this, that is just as weak as the race card.

Nobody has a problem with Bisping because he's British, get over yourself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1244904-br-offical-mma-rankings-for-july-the-top-10-middleweights-in-mma

http://m.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-43839

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/2/3130359/mma-nation-june-2012-consensus-rankings-middleweight

http://www.mmaweekly.com/middleweight-division-185-pound-limit-mma-top-10

Stann is in top ten in all of the above

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Ive dealt with plenty, plenty of camp members who wont pick a fighter because they dislike them or they pick a fighter because they love said fighter regardless if its obvious.

bigrand826 » Posted 4/29/11 7:01:00PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

And what top 10 did Stann beat to become a top 10? see where your logic fails?

And stop bringing nationality into this, that is just as weak as the race card.

Nobody has a problem with Bisping because he's British, get over yourself.

You don't necessarily have to beat a top 10 to become top 10. It certainly helps, but it isn't always a prerequisite. I thought Bisping was top 10 before the Stann fight. Guys can move up because guys above them lost. I think that is part of why Stann is ranked in the top 10 in some places. It happens with everybody though, so I'm not knocking Stann for it.

Posted by moob

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1244904-br-offical-mma-rankings-for-july-the-top-10-middleweights-in-mma

http://m.sherdog.com/news/rankings/4/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-43839

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/2/3130359/mma-nation-june-2012-consensus-rankings-middleweight

Did you not just say rankings are just opinions and you don't really care who Bisping beat. ...

Posted by Cooler

Posted by moob

Did you not just say rankings are just opinions and you don't really care who Bisping beat. ...

Did I? Regardless, what the above illustrates is that its widely held that Stann was top ten which was the reasoning being spat out at every fucking juncture.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Holy hell...agree to disagree and move on, guys. Damn.

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

The bold above is the major difference. Right now, Bisping has only beaten Stann since losing to Sonnen. Was Bisping top 10 at that time? Surely he was. Was Stann? I don't recall (and it will vary depending on the site), but I'd think he was more highly ranked prior to getting streamrolled by Sonnen than after, with one win over Sakara.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by moob

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by LightsOUT23

The bold above is the major difference. Right now, Bisping has only beaten Stann since losing to Sonnen. Was Bisping top 10 at that time? Surely he was. Was Stann? I don't recall (and it will vary depending on the site), but I'd think he was more highly ranked prior to getting streamrolled by Sonnen than after, with one win over Sakara.

Yeah but Bisping can't fight himself and his fight against Sonnen was so close that I would say his stock went up even though he lost as far as the UFC is concerned anyway.

It's kind of irrelevant if he deserves it or not. Being a fighter who sells fights gives you preference over someone one or two places higher in the rankings who does not sell fights in Uncle Dana's view.

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by BigBadAl

Yeah but Bisping can't fight himself and his fight against Sonnen was so close that I would say his stock went up even though he lost as far as the UFC is concerned anyway.

It's kind of irrelevant if he deserves it or not. Being a fighter who sells fights gives you preference over someone one or two places higher in the rankings who does not sell fights in Uncle Dana's view.

I thought we were speaking about deserving a title shot. We all know that the most deserving does not always get the shot, but I think the less relevant 'earning it' becomes, the less serious UFC becomes as sport. I agree Bisping's stock went up even in a loss to Sonnen, but does than mean that beating Stann in combination with his ability to draw gets him a title shot? People may argue that Sonnen's ability to draw got him his title shots, but he did plenty to earn it in the octagon as well. I looked back at historical rankings and according to fightmatrix, Sonnen is the only one to beat 2 top 10 MWs before getting a title shot at Anderson and he did it both times (didn't think Stann was top 10 then, but he was, at least on this site).

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Just give him a title shot already, so Silva can destroy him.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

[View Full Version of this Page]