MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Anderson says win or lose to Bonnar, he may not return to middleweight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

After years of dominating the UFC middleweight division, champ Anderson Silva doesn’t seem to have the interest in continually proving to be the king of the 185 pounders. During a recent interview with Guilherme Cruz of Tatame Magazine, Silva started off on the topic of Chris Weidman’s denial of a title fight in 2012; then veering off into talks of vacating the title in order to take on new challenges. Superfight anyone?

LINK

========================

Does that mean Boetsch/Wiedman would be for the title?

Dirty Blue

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by the-king

i feel like im not interested in anymore fights ad mw anyway so he might as well

Agreed. However, I would like to see Weidman get a crack down the road. Other than that, not many others tickle my fancy.

There are so many interesting fights for Silva at 205.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Is this his Plan B since GSP still doesn't seem very interested?

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I wish the media would ignore Anderson Silva's maybes. I remember he want's to fight for years, that he wants to move to heavyweight, etc etc.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

he should get a fight with the title holder to every weight division until he loses..that would be bad ass

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

Bas rutten vs anderson silva

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

He can duck Weidman all he wants..... either way he's posturing for a shot against Vitor if Vitor wins.... I could definitely see Silva beating most heavyweights as they would be much slower but not able to handle Andersons punches and footwork....

Anderson would be a killer against Uber and possibly Cain

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

If he vacated (he won't) I would assume the winner of Boetsch/Weidman would face the winner of Stann/Bisping for the title.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Hey An-der-son - - - stay outta MY DIVISION.....I get it, you want to be in the presence of greatness, but like you told Jersey Boy, be patient, wait your turn....I'm running the show @ 205, ya got that?

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hey An-der-son - - - stay outta MY DIVISION.....I get it, you want to be in the presence of greatness, but like you told Jersey Boy, be patient, wait your turn....I'm running the show @ 205, ya got that?

haha one of you is undefeated at 205 and one has a 50/50 win percentage...... but which one

Anyway, actually finish Forrest and maybe you can be more than a media clown for the UFC

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Some people never learn.

I'm sure Chael P will spinning backfist Anderson back to 185 if he dare try 205

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I don't mind him staying at 205 as long as 2 things happen

1) he vacates the MW belt
2) fights Jones

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

haha one of you is undefeated at 205 and one has a 50/50 win percentage...... but which one

Anyway, actually finish Forrest and maybe you can be more than a media clown for the UFC

How was HIGH SCHOOL today Lauren?

Did you get an A in lunch?

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Sounds like someone is scared of Weidman if you ask me seems like Anderson is doing everything he can to avoid having to fight him..... I said it ages ago Anderson will vacate the belt before fighting Weidman because he will lose and he wants to go out on top.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]