MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Season 7 heavyweight tourney field, full fight card set for Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind.   [View Full Version]
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

The field for Bellator's Season 7 heavyweight tournament is set – and the eight-man field may be thinking about a little more than just the $100,000 winner's prize.

On Wednesday, news broke that Bellator's heavyweight champ, Cole Konrad, had retired – presumably leaving the heavyweight title vacant. It is not yet known if the Season 7 tournament winner automatically will become the new champion, although that appears to be at least one option for the promotion.

Sources close to the promotion on Wednesday confirmed to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the field for the eight-man tournament, which kicks off next month at Bellator 75, as well as the event's preliminary card. Bellator officials are expected to make the bouts official this week.

MAIN CARD (MTV2)
Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos - heavyweight tourney opening round
Brett Rogers vs. Alexander Volkov - heavyweight tourney opening round
Richard Hale vs. Mike Wessel - heavyweight tourney opening round
Mark Holata vs. Vinicius Queiroz - heavyweight tourney opening round

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)
Bo Harris vs. Chase Beebe
Brandon Delprado vs. Joe Williams
Jason Graves vs. Rafal Skibinski
Jose Medina vs. Anthony Gomez
Cliff Wright Jr. vs. Bobby Reardanz

LINK

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

wish i lived close to this one

UFC 151: Never Forget

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

They've got Hale fighting in the HW tournament now, eh?. I don't know how I feel about that one. Should be interesting.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

If Prindle wins and is declared the new HW champ, it will kind of seem like a devalued belt after the way Condrad had his way with him and put him away in 60 seconds.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by Dberntson

If Prindle wins and is declared the new HW champ, it will kind of seem like a devalued belt after the way Condrad had his way with him and put him away in 60 seconds.

He won't. Big Monster wins the whole damn thing.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Dberntson

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree about making the belt devalued.

Conrad quit the business, he didn't retire do to health issues, so there is no flaw if Prindle wins it.

The belt is up for grabs, Prindle will have to go through another tourney to get a chance again, so if he makes it all the way to the finals again, I don't see how it devalues the title.

[View Full Version of this Page]