MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rumor: Wanderlei Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Possible For UFC 153 Main Event   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

As you know by now, UFC 153 capsized and doesn't have its main event or co-main event. Jose Aldo has a foot injury and is out of his title fight with Frankie Edgar, and Quinton Jackson's shoulder injury sees him out of his fight with Glover Teixeira. The UFC is scrambling for a replacement main event knowing that while their other main card fights are great, they aren't main event worthy. A possible new main event could be a catchweight bout between Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen. (Via Fighters Only)

A fight between Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen is a possible replacement main event for UFC 153 on October 13.

Silva has publicly voiced willingness to meet Sonnen if the UFC officially offers the match and sources say that the bout is under consideration. It would take place at a catchweight of 195lbs - between middleweight and light-heavy - to reflect the short-notice nature of the bout.

LINK

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

well with both rumors going, looks like Wanderlei is fighting someone.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

still dont think Chael in Brazil is a good idea

UFC 151: Never Forget

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I say have him fight there and get it over with

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

I don't like this matchup for wanderlie.

Sonnen will take it to the ground and gnp his way to victory . Wanderlie better not gas again.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i'm not buying cheal going to brazil for a second

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

If this fight happens, I have a tough time seeing how Silva wins, unless Chael starts throwing spinning backfists again.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Solid fight for a replacement main event Chael will shit talk so much that everyone will want to see it. I see Sonnen having his way with Wanderlei verbally and in the cage

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Shael's manager shot down the fight with Wand, said fight with Forrest is still on.

LINK

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

This is a horrible fight for Wanderlei. I'm glad it's not happening, Sonnen vs Griffin is far more interesting.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I think Wandy would have a legit chance.

Chael would be a at a massive disadvantage standing and I can't ever remember Wanderlei being badly out wrestled before.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Boring, I dont want to see Chael dryhumps Wanderlei for 3 rounds or use one of his "wrestling submissions"....... Anyway I would like the chance of Chael getting lead piped in the knee on his way out to the fight...... Karmas been building that one up for a while.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

Posted by Aether

This is a horrible fight for Wanderlei. I'm glad it's not happening, Sonnen vs Griffin is far more interesting.

Completely agree, as a long time Wand fan, I don't think he can win this fight. Freak knee, catching Sonnen on a double leg coming in.... but other than that.... I think Sonnen has the second best shot in MMA, Wand isn't sprawling that shit, and if Chael starts the fight the same way he does against Anderson.... well....

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I refuse to get excited until these fights actually happen.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Aether

Not at all, forrest would piss himself dry and have no tears left to cry in the post fight runaway...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]