MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fabio Maldonado campaigning for UFC 153 fight with Glover Teixeira   [View Full Version]
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

f the UFC is looking for volunteers, Brazilian striker Fabio Maldonado (18-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) is standing with his hand in the air.

The 32-year-old Maldonado said he's ready and willing to face countryman Glover Teixeira (18-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) in the co-main event of next month's UFC 153 event – a bout that was supposed to feature Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Maldonado and his manager, Alex Davis, told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) they're more than willing to step into the fight on four weeks' notice.

"I want this fight," Maldonado told MMAjunkie.com in his native Portuguese. "I know our styles would make for an incredible fight for the fans, and I want this opportunity. I hope the UFC will grant me this one request."

LINK

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I forgot all about Maldonado, when i was mentioning replacements in the other thread.

He definitely would be a good replacement fight wise, as those two would put on a slug fest, but not sure if he is a big enough draw for a co-main event spot yet.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

It's not a terrible idea. I'd like someone more high profile to be honest with this being the co-main but I wouldn't be upset with this.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

It's not a terrible idea. I'd like someone more high profile to be honest with this being the co-main but I wouldn't be upset with this.

Agreed. It would be an outstanding fight, but someone higher profile would be nice. Potential KOTN or FOTN material though

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Anyone think there's a chance we could see Machida v Teixiera? I kinda doubt Machida would take the fight but that would certainly save the event.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Anyone think there's a chance we could see Machida v Teixiera? I kinda doubt Machida would take the fight but that would certainly save the event.

That would be awesome.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

in a world of ducks to Glover .......

someone wants to fight him.....send the contract now.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I don't know if Teixeira has done enough to get Machida yet, who was the first fighter called to fight the champ when UFC 151 fell through. I'm a huge fan of Glover, Machida and Maldonaldo, and Teixeira/Maldonaldo seems like it fits best.

I suppose I want Machida to get next crack at Jones too, and Teixeira to build up some more experience for when he gets his shot at phoney Jones. Maldonaldo's boxing may be almost as good as Glover's, but he's not as well rounded.

I love this fight (the possibility of it anyway)

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Would be a good fight. Hate to see either one lose. I thought Fabio was injured or coming off one.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I say hell yeah. Everyone else is scared to death of the guy.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

Fabio is an outstanding boxer.
but for being such an outstanding boxer, he eats a lot of punches that he shouldn't making him look way less skilled then he is. its almost as if he thinks he's in a boxing ring and his opponents have boxing gloves on. Igor lit him up, even Kingsbury was landing big shots that he shouldn't have

I think Glover would take advantage of this and knock him TFO!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Fabio vs Glover is not co main worthy at all

Put thiago silva vs Glover. Give u a barnburner

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I say hell yeah. Everyone else is scared to death of the guy.

I also say hell yeah! There are always guys talking about who they want to fight etc etc...this guy wants to take this fight against an opponent who is actually available. This would salvage that fight imo, as I can see it being more exciting than the previous match up.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

I say a battle royal...Maldonado, Silva, and Glover in the cage at once...Pay per views would climb!!.

[View Full Version of this Page]