MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Screwed over   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

As most of you know I run an MMA website and also do a weekly podcast where I interview fighters. I had spoken with James Thompson on a few occasions and we got on pretty well, I had his phone number so I texted him to see if he would be interested in doing is own Podcast, I would be his co host and my website would host it. He seemed really eager and we decided to go ahead and set it up. He then basically gave me the run around, I was patient as I felt it would lead to big things so i bit my tongue (plus he is massive and is one scary dude to look at). As I heard nothing I kind of gave up on it as I didnt want to keep chasing him. Then I realised that he had gone ahead with my idea and set it up wth some one else. Couldnt beleive it, I was gutted. Unfortuately there is not a lot I can do about it, but I do think that to take my idea is out of order.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Damn, Ray that's a shame. I'm guessing he either had a friend he wanted to do it with, or his manager set him up with someone else. Sorry to hear that buddy.

I dont know, I havent spoken with him since, oh well, its not the end of the world.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Damn man. That sucks

Better things will come

Thanks George

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Terribly sorry to hear that Ray. Hopefully James will pay homage of some sort, maybe a site link or something like that. It's sad he agreed to do a podcast with you and then just went out on his own. Why not just say, "I'd rather do my own thing" in the first place?

In the end, I'm sure bigger and better things await! Like tomorrow's episode of the MMA Mental podcast!

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Just think of his earlobes wobbling as he gets hit by Kimbo, you'll feel better. If I were you I would send him one email to ask whether he's still going ahead with you still, or whether he's taken your idea and running with someone else. If he's straight up he'll tell you.

I like to try and take the positive out of every situation and another way to look at it is that I never would have imagined that I would have put myself in a situation where I would be screwed by a pro fighter. A lot has happened in 12 months

I might pm him, maybe see if he wants to co promote.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i hate that Ray! don't let it get you down.

UFC 151: Never Forget

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Rabi

I like to try and take the positive out of every situation and another way to look at it is that I never would have imagined that I would have put myself in a situation where I would be screwed by a pro fighter. A lot has happened in 12 months

This is the way 2 think Rabi!! Dont let it get u down my friend, u are truly the man

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

That's cold on his part. Oh well. There will be other opportunities, keep doing your thing Ray

Thanks for the kind words, its very much appreciated.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

That sucks Captain, hope this picture cheers you up:

Lol! Nice pic FF47!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]