MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
ufc rest of the fights for the year 154 155 card fx card in dec   [View Full Version]
prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I didn't realize how many Ufc fighters still are scheduled t. Fight this year.

Cerrone vs Pettis
Diego Sanchez
Jim miller
Rashad Evans
Probably mark hunt.
Ben Rothwell
Sam stout
Edison barboza
Guida
Mayday mcdonald
Korean zombie
Mike easton
Stephan bonner
Maybe Bader

List goes on and on. 154 and 155 should be stacked
A lot of fighters still should fight this year.

154 Montreal

U could easily add Sam stout vs barboza
And Ryan jimmo vs Bonner

Probably Claude Patrick as well

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

thought bonnar only wanted big name fights ?

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by aussiemma

I'd pick Bonnar over Shogun and Rampage personally

Rampage is too stale, Bonnar would be too quick and too versatile with his strikes for Rampage to cause any sort of threat other than "head twitching faints" with his guard held up like I have a hook coming. And Shogun?

Shogun would be a tougher challenge than Rampage but with Bonnars cardio, chin, heart and brawling style it's almost destined to cause Shogun problems, Shogun is just about as Consistant as Matt Riddle. Shogun hasn't got the wrestling edge to beat Bonnar, if Shogun wanted to stand and play punch for punch with him he'd come out of exchanges in more pain only cause Bonnar wouldnt be scared to stay inside. Shogun would blow a tonne of gas trying to finish Bonnar and you just can't finish him. Everyone you walk into a fight with Bonnar you either go 15 minutes or you lose, unless you can cut him open and we have rarely if ever seen Shogun win a decision in the UFC.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

rampage is still as dangerous as anyone in the lhw division...don't know about bonnar beating rampage or shogun, doubt these fights will ever happen anyways.

Posted by aussiemma

rampage is still as dangerous as anyone in the lhw division...don't know about bonnar beating rampage or shogun, doubt these fights will ever happen anyways.

I think Rampage has lost a tonne of his strength and danger, he hasn't finished a fight since 2008. Edging out victories over Machida and Jardine, looking like a shadow of his former self against Bader, Hamill and Evans. And looking like a stationary target against Jones. I truly feel Rampage isn't even on a top 15 level of the division, he's just got lucky in fighting higher tiered fighters of the division so it covers up his fall from grace.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by aussiemma

I think Rampage has lost a tonne of his strength and danger, he hasn't finished a fight since 2008. Edging out victories over Machida and Jardine, looking like a shadow of his former self against Bader, Hamill and Evans. And looking like a stationary target against Jones. I truly feel Rampage isn't even on a top 15 level of the division, he's just got lucky in fighting higher tiered fighters of the division so it covers up his fall from grace.

I agree with your assessment on Rampage J. I'm convinced that Glover Teixeira will expose Rampage.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I agree with you JJ on rampage but not on Shogun, I personally think Shogun can take Bonnar no matter where the fight goes he has the ability to get the takedowns and on the feet could easily out strike him plus has serious knockout power.Bonnar will have the cardio edge but I dont see that being enough to beat Shogun

Posted by sparky

I agree with you JJ on rampage but not on Shogun, I personally think Shogun can take Bonnar no matter where the fight goes he has the ability to get the takedowns and on the feet could easily out strike him plus has serious knockout power.Bonnar will have the cardio edge but I dont see that being enough to beat Shogun

I'm by no means discrediting Shogun for anyone who thinks I am but Shogun is either gonna come out the gates and put you on your back quick early and relentlessly or is going to give people and Vera's level the chance to be in the fight. We haven't seen Shogun look scary since the Forrest fight. Maybe it's who he's fought? Jones, Hendo and Vera, the first 2 are undeniably the top 3 of the division.

Just to me Shogun on a bad day would struggle and lose to Bonnar, on a good day he'd cake walk it, but Im starting to think more often than not we see him having a bad day

Anyway this is all theoretical as I think Shoguns fighting Gustasson and Bonnar appears to be pushing for something the UFC's not gonna give him. Te Huna or Jimmo seem favourites for likely opponents

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Doubt we see Hunt, just asked him on twitter how the knee was, he said still numb has to go back to docs to see if it's healing, so doesn't sound promising to see in anytime soon

Bonnar got the step up I wanted. But not what i called stylistically good opponents he wanted.

Wow.

I'm fucking pumped, war Bonnar.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Kastro » Posted 4/21/07 7:05:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by aussiemma

I'd pick Bonnar over Shogun and Rampage personally

Rampage is too stale, Bonnar would be too quick and too versatile with his strikes for Rampage to cause any sort of threat other than "head twitching faints" with his guard held up like I have a hook coming. And Shogun?

Shogun would be a tougher challenge than Rampage but with Bonnars cardio, chin, heart and brawling style it's almost destined to cause Shogun problems, Shogun is just about as Consistant as Matt Riddle. Shogun hasn't got the wrestling edge to beat Bonnar, if Shogun wanted to stand and play punch for punch with him he'd come out of exchanges in more pain only cause Bonnar wouldnt be scared to stay inside. Shogun would blow a tonne of gas trying to finish Bonnar and you just can't finish him. Everyone you walk into a fight with Bonnar you either go 15 minutes or you lose, unless you can cut him open and we have rarely if ever seen Shogun win a decision in the UFC.

I have to disagree with you here.. I like Bonnar and give him credit as he has great cardio an excellent chin and he is a great wrestler with quality standup as well.. Shogun vs Bonnar would be a great fight but I dont see Bonnar winning as easily as you think, I would see Shogun taking this one.

As far as Rampage? He is a threat to anybody in the LHW division, he has excellent power and is a tremendous wrestler he also possesses lots of upper body strength.. I think this would also be a great fight I would probably give it to Bonnar but you never know.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Bonnar is a tough son of a bitch
No stoppages in the Ufc beside the cut in syndney doesnt count. Fought griffin. Evans. Jardine James Irvin. Jones
If and when Silva beats him he will be first to put bonnar away in the Ufc

[View Full Version of this Page]