MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
WSOF's Miguel Torres says Twitter account not cause of second UFC parting   [View Full Version]
thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

LINK

Miguel Torres' second release from the UFC immediately brought speculation that the fighter's tweets had again gotten him in trouble.

But Torres (40-5) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he's a little smarter than that.

"I thought that was kind of funny that (people would think) I would make the same joke," Torres said. "That's what people want to say, that's what people want to think, (but) I just know that I'm fighting for the World Series of Fighting."

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

He seemed to be dodging the question, I'm not sure I believe him.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I know Dave Meltzer reported this but Dave says a lot of nonsense and never provided a quote as to what the tweet said or anything. I have to believe that Torres wouldn't make the same mistake twice but its definitely possible. Weird to have been released so long after the fight though.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Wallass

I know Dave Meltzer reported this but Dave says a lot of nonsense and never provided a quote as to what the tweet said or anything. I have to believe that Torres wouldn't make the same mistake twice but its definitely possible. Weird to have been released so long after the fight though.

We already know that he made the same mistake twice. What's up in the air is whether that's what he got canned for or not.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Man cut Torres some slack! Dudes are driving drunk every weekend & Miguel tweeted some shitty jokes & he gets axed! TWICE!!!

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Wallass

We already know that he made the same mistake twice. What's up in the air is whether that's what he got canned for or not.

Yeah...to be honest, the "no, don't, stop" joke is old and one has to split hairs to say it's not really the same joke as before. I wonder if we'll ever find out why he was let go.

[View Full Version of this Page]