MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC: St-Pierre vs. Silva super fight expected at 180 pounds, in Cowboys Stadium   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

My only wish is that this news would've been saved for after GSP's fight. If GSP loses, this instantly becomes a washed up idea. And that will be a disappointment.

I agree but I think it'll create a lot more buzz for the GSP/Condit fight.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

I will be going to this FOR SURE!!

I've been waiting for another Texas event and that's a badass one to come back on.

Don't really feel like it should be in cowboys stadium though. I feel like there might be a lot of seats open.

Who cares. I'm excited

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Only hold up is GSP, he has been pretty firm in the past saying he didnt want this fight or being vague about it. Only recently has there been some sort of Ok with it.

I still wont believe it until its signed.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Damn I wish this fight was in Chicago....or at least closer.

I would watch this fight for sure though. I think it's the defining moment of our generation as fight fans.

Unfortunately, I've already let myself get too excited. If there is an injury or if GSP loses to Condit, I might just have a nervous break down.

On a side note, does anyone think this is a bit disrespectful to Condit to announce this before he's even had his shot?? It's like the UFC is counting him out of that fight.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Damn I wish this fight was in Chicago....or at least closer.

I would watch this fight for sure though. I think it's the defining moment of our generation as fight fans.

Unfortunately, I've already let myself get too excited. If there is an injury or if GSP loses to Condit, I might just have a nervous break down.

On a side note, does anyone think this is a bit disrespectful to Condit to announce this before he's even had his shot?? It's like the UFC is counting him out of that fight.

Probably very disrespectful to Condit lol, but that doesn't make me less excited.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

For me they're a couple years to late for me to be excited about this

I feel the exact opposite. They've both been absolutely dominant the past few years and it's perfect timing with GSP returning.

Here's to hoping it happens!

i'll be watching and i do hope it happens. a couple years ago i was wanting this fight to happen a lot. now i'm just not that excited about it like i was. maybe its from GSP being out so long or jones hitting the scene. i would much reather see silva/jones

Vero3 » Posted 9/3/12 10:15:00PM

I have always wanted to see this fight between these two. If GSP beats Condit and Dana White does set up the fight between he and Anderson Silva AND they have it in Dallas-- I AM GOING FOR SURE! I live in Texas-- No way I would miss that!.

Vero3 » Posted 9/3/12 10:15:00PM

I do too!

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Where is Chael Sonnen to say 'there isn't enough Vaseline in the world'?

Don't get me wrong, this fight is chill but not nearly as chill as the Nick Diaz v Andy fight DW was so quick to shit on.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Where is Chael Sonnen to say 'there isn't enough Vaseline in the world'?

Don't get me wrong, this fight is chill but not nearly as chill as the Nick Diaz v Andy fight DW was so quick to shit on.

Nick Diaz has the wrong style to beat Silva. He would put his hands out and give Anderson a foot rub with his chin a la Vitor Belfort, or he would realise how badly he is outmatched standing and eat a knee.

GSP on the other hand, has the spear tackle like takedowns and grinding style that could let him do what Chael tried and failed to do.

That being said, Anderson will take him apart with his striking, and win by TKO (knees in the clinch)

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

19 month lay off is an eternity in mma even for a freak like gsp. Im not going to get excited about this super fight until i see how gsp goes against condit.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by aussiemma

19 month lay off is an eternity in mma even for a freak like gsp. Im not going to get excited about this super fight until i see how gsp goes against condit.

Agreed. What happens to the super fight if Condit ko's GSP, or if he gets injured during the fight. Let's see how GSP handles the layoff, and Condit, then I'll get excited.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

GSP as a middleweight?
Ok, I'll watch Anderson knock him out.

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

I'll post my comment in a second, just give me a minute to clean out my undies

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]