MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Actor Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

LOS ANGELES— Michael Clarke Duncan's fiancee says the Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" has died while being hospitalized following a July heart attack.

Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Clarke's fiancée, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault, saying the 54-year-old actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack.

The 6-foot-5, 300 pound Duncan appeared in dozens of films, including such box office hits as "Armageddon," ''Planet of the Apes" and "Kung Fu Panda."

LINK

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Wow...RIP

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I loved him in Green Mile, very sad.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

This just brought a legitimate frown on my face. Very sad to hear and God bless he and his loved ones.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Was about to post this if it wasn't already posted. What a lot of people don t know about him is that he was a huge MMA fan and trained BJJ.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Good actor. MMA supporter. All around nice guy. RIP

Loved him in The Crammin' Salmon.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Damn.....great actor.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Sad news. Rest in peace

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

This is a major bummer. Even though he was this massively intimidating looking guy with a deep voice, he came off as a really nice guy. And as was mentioned, he was a really big fight fan.

I don't know why but I loved him in "The Slammin Salmon". If you haven't seen it, its basically Super Troopers in a Restaurant ran by Michael Clarke Duncan's character who is an ex boxer. Ridiculous movie but his part always cracks me up.

The Slammin Salmon

Edit, looks like Grappler already mentioned the movie, glad I'm not the only one who has seen it.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

MCD was ALWAYS on camera at the early UFC Fight Nights and UFC ppv's. I loved him in Talladega Nights, among many other films.

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Damn, too bad. Really liked him in a few films. Seemed like a nice guy. Wonder what his heart condition was? Must have had other issues with his heart, if he was in there for two months.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by Rabi

I loved him in Green Mile, very sad.

That will definitely be the crown jewel of his career. RIP MCD!

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Since nobody's taking the bait, this is one of my favorite lines from The Slammin' Salmon

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

RIP Big guy. The gentle giant

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

WOW!!! I can't believe he's gone

Just watched Sin City, crazy

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]