MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Borderlands 2   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Figured I'd start this thread out prior to release so people can talk about it. The first game was pushed out ahead of schedule IMO and it suffered for it, but I thought it was a good idea with a lot of potential, so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

It's out on the 18th, by the way.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hell yeah!

VERY happy to hear they added in weapon customization. It was one of my few complainants the first go around but the crazy amount of weapon choices made it easy for me to look past.

Can't wait to see the new "Mechromancer" role with the kickass ability to control a "Deathtrap".

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

absolutely loved the first one. preordered this one. I'm really hoping that it can live up to the first. the replay value of the first is fantastic and with the game of the year edition with all of the dlc that came with it it made for a great game.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Any games you guys could compare it to? I've heard the name Borderlands before but I've never heard talk of the game play or anything else about it.

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

quite honestly I've never been able to compare it to other games when I've been asked about it. its like a fps/rpg in one but with so many guns you don't know what to do with all of them. imo the original doesn't compare well with other games. it is unique in its own purely badass way.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

It's a first person shooter with RPG elements. You level up and put points into skill trees and collect loot like you do in an RPG, but it's FPS style.

It's sort of like if Diablo were an FPS.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Oh, I see. Sounds pretty good. I might just skip 1 and pre order this one today.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I think my Elder Scrolls days are winding down, this may be my next expenditure. I still want FF13B, but if this one is co-op like the last one, I may pass on FF and get this instead and attempt to teach my gf so we can get our quest on.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I played the 1st one and liked it, never attempted to download the extra maps so missed out on some stuff from it.

Posted by Budgellism

Oh, I see. Sounds pretty good. I might just skip 1 and pre order this one today.

Go ahead and buy the first one, Budge. It should be pretty cheap by now and the storyline is top notch.

Posted by BuffaloDave

I played the 1st one and liked it, never attempted to download the extra maps so missed out on some stuff from it.

The zombie island DLC was crazy fun.

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

Have always wanted to try Borderlands but saw it got like 80s normally. I'll have to get it off eBay if it is cheap because it does look like a great game.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Already pre-ordered. The first was classic and this one looks even better.

Weapon Customization saves me a lot of time, before I had to used weapons with scopes or powers I didn't want to use but had to for the sake of most damage inflicted.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I'm not much of an online player, but how is the single player campaign? Is it lengthy, and worth the purchase alone?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Posted by kopower

I'm not much of an online player, but how is the single player campaign? Is it lengthy, and worth the purchase alone?

The online is strictly Co-Op. It's basically the campaign but with a partner included. As for the length, it will take you a while to beat, and even longer if you decide to treasure hunt/explore the world. Well worth the purchase. If you're still not sure I think they have a 60 minute free trial you can download from the Playstation Network Store.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]