MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Spike TV, K-1 agree to multi-platform broadcast deal   [View Full Version]
DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Bellator Fighting Championships won't be the only combat-sports organization broadcasting their 2013 events on Spike TV.

Spike TV officials today announced a multi-platform broadcast deal with leading kickboxing promotion K-1 that sees four 2012 events stream on Spike.com and a series of 2013 events broadcast on Spike TV.

"We are thrilled to be in business with the world's preeminent kickboxing organization," Spike TV Senior Vice President of Sports and Multi-platform Events Jon Slusser stated. "Spike has the most passionate and knowledgeable fans of combat sports, and we are confident that they will enjoy the high-octane action of K-1, which serves as the perfect complement to our Bellator coverage next year."

link

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

It's about time spike

deezyo » Posted 5/3/07 1:35:00PM

thats whats up

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

very exciting. that "it's showtime" kickboxing shit just isnt cutting it anymore.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Be cool if Cro Cop is still under contract with them by the time they're on Spike.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

I can't wait to see K-1 on national tv,last time I heard they were abandoning the K-1 name?

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

This is the best news I have heard in a long long time! I'm more excited about this then the UFC Fox deal. I was so high on K1 right before it fell apart. I hope they can get it going strong.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

So will Spike be paying the non-Japanese fighters?

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

i was sooo sad when the canceled the GP and were pretty much done.. so glad to see this plus this will help clean up the bad dudes in management. i love K-1

[View Full Version of this Page]