MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA Playground Game Talk
5 years of mmapg   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by grappler0000

When I was 18 my girlfriend at the time was finally ready to have sex. I, as one might expect of a 18 year old, was excited. Neither hell nor high water was going to stand between me and my final destination...

I found it too

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by grappler0000

When I was 18 my girlfriend at the time was finally ready to have sex. I, as one might expect of a 18 year old, was excited. Neither hell nor high water was going to stand between me and my final destination...

I found it too

Mods get to have all the fun.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

They sent the story to me guys, I'll post it in a little so everybody can see it

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

I stopped posting regularly on the forums because of DCRage lol

Me too, aswell as quite a few regulars at the time.

It's a much better place around here nowadays, i just wish i had the time to post as much as i used to.

I feel like i must have missed the ''MMA Army thing''. Anybody care to summarise ?

MMA Army was led by CornishMMA who was a disciple of Bravo Fight Camp, then him and Ben_Hutch got into it so Cornish started MMAarmy. He ruled the camp like Hitler, Myself and Rampageownedbyyou left right before that camp had started inter threads about how bad the playground was, what "pieces of crap" the mods were and generally harassing members etc. The Mods eventually went into the camp found the evidence and banned them to their own camp. Meaning they could only post inside their camp and if they tried to leave they were perma banned. Cornish was banned instantly. The camp ban was lifted after 2 years.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by hotrodttt

They sent the story to me guys, I'll post it in a little so everybody can see it

glad i got to see it before it was taken down. EPIC

apparently the post was not on my "Todays Topics" that day so i thought it had been taken down again. must have been a glitch.

UFC 151: Never Forget

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by george112

Maybe I'm delusional.

Yep. Definitely delusional. Been here since 11/07...check my game/picks/wager history.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by george112

Maybe I'm delusional.

Yep. Definitely delusional. Been here since 11/07...check my game/picks/wager history.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

This site has the greatest fantasy MMA game ever. I also like the fight camp feature. I just wish they would bring back the old player-to-player fantasy wagering system.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

It's hard to believe its been 5 years for some of us, I agree it feels longer. A lot has changed since '07.

The memory that sticks out the most to me was the thread that went ape shit about Fedor losing to Hendo and teh kingsmasher thread the next day "I apologize to everyone" that also went ape shit. I swear I got 20+ props for those threads. Everyone was quoting eachother and it took 10 minutes to load the pages. Even had a ban handed out to jekyle. Crazy day and a half

Posted by prophecy033

It's hard to believe its been 5 years for some of us, I agree it feels longer. A lot has changed since '07.

The memory that sticks out the most to me was the thread that went ape shit about Fedor losing to Hendo and teh kingsmasher thread the next day "I apologize to everyone" that also went ape shit. I swear I got 20+ props for those threads. Everyone was quoting eachother and it took 10 minutes to load the pages. Even had a ban handed out to jekyle. Crazy day and a half

Haha im glad I wasnt involved in that

I'm the biggest fedor nuthugger here arguably

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

It's a much better place around here nowadays, i just wish i had the time to post as much as i used to.

I feel like i must have missed the ''MMA Army thing''. Anybody care to summarise ?

MMA Army was led by CornishMMA who was a disciple of Bravo Fight Camp, then him and Ben_Hutch got into it so Cornish started MMAarmy. He ruled the camp like Hitler, Myself and Rampageownedbyyou left right before that camp had started inter threads about how bad the playground was, what "pieces of crap" the mods were and generally harassing members etc. The Mods eventually went into the camp found the evidence and banned them to their own camp. Meaning they could only post inside their camp and if they tried to leave they were perma banned. Cornish was banned instantly. The camp ban was lifted after 2 years.

Great stuff. Thanks Shawn.

I wonder if Cornish still lurks here.......?

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

Wouldn't surprise me if he was.

Shit was crazy back in the day.

Seems like all the "crazy" is gone now

Idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by george112

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

Wouldn't surprise me if he was.

Shit was crazy back in the day.

Seems like all the "crazy" is gone now

Idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing

I think it's a good thing overall, but you can't beat a bit of crazy

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Damn, I joined 5/07.

Banned for calling Dan Hardy "Cock a doodle ketchup chip" by DC Rage, who didn't get the Trailer Park Boys reference.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Only a couple months until 6 years! Rather than not having a memory that stands out, I have waaaaaayy too many to list. Without a doubt the best MMA/BS'ing forum on the net.

One thing that stands out, that was already mentioned was being able to watch a fellow PG'er (tcunningham) fight (he undersells himself, he's a badass), and then I recently created his fighter page for a major website's MMA fighter database.

Some of the best threads ever are unsearchable now, but I know we all remember them And there are still so many more that could use a revival for a re-reading for those that weren't around the first few years.

I don't know if we'll ever end up with a chat on the site, but it's been a blast getting to know so many members better in the Surprise Van this year even if our conversations seem to never be about MMA.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

[View Full Version of this Page]