MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Firas Zahabi: Georges St-Pierre told me he wants to fight Anderson Silva   [View Full Version]
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Today’s “The MMA Show with Mauro Ranallo” podcast featured an interview with Firas Zahabi, head trainer at TriStar gym, who talked about a prospective super fight between Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva.
“Georges St-Pierre told me he wants (to fight Anderson Silva). But right now he has to get back on the horse and fight Carlos Condit and be champion again. He needs to keep focused.
“(If the Silva fight happens) ideally I’d like a catch weight. I think it’d be more fair. If you fight at a catch weight, Silva won’t be 20 pounds heavier. 177 or 178 pounds is much more fair.”

- Firas Zahabi to Mauro Ranallo on The MMA Show

LINK

still doubt it ever happens

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

and with each passing year I care less and less

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Mentioning superfights is the new crying wolf. I believe it when GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones are squaring off in the cage.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

I'd pay to watch it and I dont say that very often. I could care less who wins and what it does for rankings. Too much of the sport has become caught up in rankings. this is a badass fight imo. Two champs going at it.

it wouldnt be as one sided as everyone thinks imo. Their both champs for a reason

legalbuddy » Posted 10/15/07 11:25:00AM

Dana blocked me on twitter today for no reason that I know of. I haven't tweeted to him or about him.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

If it does ever happen, it will transpire in a way similar to Silva vs. Liddell did, in that one or both will be without a title and the luster will be a little tarnished.

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Shawn91111

If it does ever happen, it will transpire in a way similar to Silva vs. Liddell did, in that one or both will be without a title and the luster will be a little tarnished.

I think with Silva/Liddell both had been coming off back to back losses, Silva having been knocked out in both. I agree with neither having the title, and both having their long time reigns ended with losing streaks it lost its luster. But still was a great fight

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

After sitting out over a year, maybe GSP and his manager think this is the best way to recoup the lost income. This fight would draw huge numbers and $$. I would be excited to see it. I would love for GSP to be the one give Silva his first loss in the UFC, but odds would favor Silva.

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

Posted by Dberntson

After sitting out over a year, maybe GSP and his manager think this is the best way to recoup the lost income. This fight would draw huge numbers and $$. I would be excited to see it. I would love for GSP to be the one give Silva his first loss in the UFC, but odds would favor Silva.

I strongly doubt GSP is worrying about the money.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Nice! I'll keep this in mind Saturday night after drinking heavily...holding your breath always cures the hiccups.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

i bet this is just to hype up PPV sales against Condit. Fighters are only gonna take fights they have good chances to win, once on top, because they can ruin there whole career with one loss.

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

If he doesnt get knocked out by condit

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

I rather see Silva vs. Jones

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I hope this fight happens.

This is good news as far as I can tell. One more obstacle out of the way.

[View Full Version of this Page]