MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mir books Strikeforce fight vs. Cormier   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

USA 2DAY

USA TODAY Sports confirmed with UFC and Strikeforce officials that Mir has agreed to meet Strikeforce grand prix winner and former two-time Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier (10-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) in the co-main event of September's Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy fight card, on Sept. 29 at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, and airs on Showtime.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

That's a bit more exciting than the Sylvia fight! Makes me even more confused about the crossover accessibility thing, but still happy to see this fight in place for Cormier.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

WAY better than the Sylvia fight.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Mirs going down.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Jesus, how many times is Mir going to have his ass handed to him by a ridiculously strong wrestler before he stops going out of his way to fight them? I love the fight, though. Great matchup if Mir can stop Cormier from taking him down.

the-king » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

as the resident Mir fan i gotta say its a fun fight but mir has to be careful he struggles with big strong wrestlers and power punchers

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

"He needs to fight opponents of that caliber, and Frank Mir is that guy."

Then maybe you should have just brought him to the UFC after the grand prix.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by the-king

as the resident Mir fan i gotta say its a fun fight but mir has to be careful he struggles with big strong wrestlers and power punchers

I with you man, i love Mir (even though i don't always pick him)...Cormier is strong but he's not the same as Lesnar. Cormier better watch his knees and ankles!!!!

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Great fight. Cannot think of a better opponent for a surging Cormier.

Everybody better than Frank Mir at heavyweight is in a title fight, suspended, or fighting Frank Mir in September.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn
Great matchup if Mir can stop Cormier from taking him down.

The biggest If in combat sports history.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Thats more like it

@ this being co-main event to Healy vs Melendez

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I want to see the fight hit the floor before Mir gets drilled in the face again. It will be interesting to see how Cormier deals with Mir's bottom game. I'm assuming Daniel might want to keep it standing, and follow the same game plan as Lesnar 2, Carwin, and Dos Santos.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

good fight!

FN25 Shields vs Ellenberger - New Orleans
Bellator 73- Tunica

Never Trust A Man Who Does Not Make All Of His Picks

UFC 151: Never Forget

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Mir gets the (assumed) upset victory via Kimura. Man I've been going on about Vera beating Shogun too, so nobody listen to me, I'm obviously going all nostalgic and picking with my heart

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]