MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger Set as UFC 151 Co-Main Event   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

UFC 151 has its co-main event, as perennial welterweight contender Josh Koscheck will square off with recent top 10 entry Jake Ellenberger.

The UFC confirmed on Wednesday that the two have verbally agreed to face each other at the Sept. 1 event.

LINK

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

nice to see this match up. i'll take ellenberger by UD. logical matchup after the kampman/ellenberger fight

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Such a good fight, It's deffs gonna be close though, I like Ellenberger right now but that's tough to pick

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Not too shabby

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Koscheck via spinning wheel kick

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

I wouldn't want Ellenberger coming off a loss like that. Especially early in the first round.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I like Jake in this one. He was on such a roll going into The Kampmann fight and nearly had Kampmann finished early. UFC 154 will have the top 4 WW going at it, GSP vs Condit and Hendricks vs Kampmann. 2 of those goes are going down and as long as Jake can pull it off he'll be back right towards the top of the division again. Good scrap though.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

i like. good match up

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

I'm not looking forward to it...both are great fighters...but holy hell how will this NOT be a decision? If I could be all my fantasy money on just "decision" regardless of who wins, I would.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I predict boring

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I predicted a kos co main event a week ago
Okay co main for Vegas. A lot better than mills vs mcdonald in Atlanta.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Interesting fight I think i'll go with Ellenberger UD

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Let's get it, Ellenberger!

OctagonOnly_com » Posted 6/16/12 8:20:00PM

I think there's a chance that Ellenberger can get the TKO finish after the way Hendricks rocked Kos a few times, but a UD is more likely. I think this is another fight that Koscheck could win if he'd just forgot about his damn knock out victories over Hughes and Yoshida and stick to doing what he does best, and take the guys down.

I swear that guy is his own worst enemy in the cage. He gets in there and pretends he's a boxer, then the fight gets way closer than it needs to be; and for some reason he waits until late in the fight to finally start using his takedowns.

He didn't use his wrestling at all against Alves (well a couple weak attempts but still very minimal), and againt Hendricks he waited until he was down two rounds before he even tried a takedown, yet he was successful on only his second attempt.

But anyway....I think he will fight foolishly, and allow Ellenberger to control the pace, and outpoint him on the feet.

OctagonOnly_com » Posted 6/16/12 8:20:00PM

On another note, anyone wanna bet on how long it will take Kos to catch Ellenberger with an eye gouge? Seriously, when you're a repeat offender like Koscheck you should be warned prior to the fight, and the first instance should be a point deduction; especially with eye gouges cause it only takes one to gain an advantage for the remainder of the fight.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Posted by tallica62

I'm not looking forward to it...both are great fighters...but holy hell how will this NOT be a decision? If I could be all my fantasy money on just "decision" regardless of who wins, I would.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I predict boring

decision or not it's still should be a good battle and an interesting one too.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]