MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Vitor Belfort vs Chris Weidman? 'The Phenom' gunning for an 'All American' showdown   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Undefeated top 185-pound prospect Chris Weidman (9-0), who recently smashed fellow contender Mark Munoz at UFC on FUEL TV 4, is ready for a crack at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight title, currently held by reigning division champion Anderson Silva.

But you knew that.

What you didn't know, perhaps, is that Vitor Belfort might be standing in his way. That's according to a report from Tatame.com, who gets the skinny from "The Phenom" himself as the Brazilian gears up for his next fight in Rio.

"(Chris) Weidman, or the winner of the Cuban vs. (Tim) Boetsch. I'm waiting for my confirmation on the Rio card, see who's gonna be my opponent. Nobody send me anything yet. I believe I'll get an answer on that next week. Muñoz has no guard, he's not a jiu-jitsu fighter. That's a wrestler vs. wrestler match-up, who got to the top position would win. He was tagged, that's it. I don't care what [Weidman's] gonna do. I know what I'm gonna do: Go for the knockout or the submission."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Striking Phenom vs Grappling Phenom

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

This is the fight I want to see Weidman take next, would be epic to say the least

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Lombard vs Belfort would be pretty sweet IMO

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Vitors success in this fight depends on how well he can defend the takedown.

If he can keep it standing he's got a really good shot

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by george112

if it stay's standing vitor will wreck weidman but if it goes to the ground vitor will have a hard time not getting f'ed up

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Damn I thought he was calling outthe Stann.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Striking Phenom vs Grappling Phenom

Perfectly put. This will tell us plenty about both fighters and clearly they want the fight in totally different places. I like Weidman for this one, but really I just want to see this fight. This would be absolutely nuts...like Belfort vs Rumble but with 20lbs less fail!

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I like this match for Weidman as well. He has beaten everyone he has faced rather effortlessly, in my opinion. The only reason I would like Weidman to take this fight first is because he is so young. His case for a title shot is already strong, but I don't think fighting Anderson Silva for your tenth fight is a good move.

Give him Vitor or Belcher. If he passes either test, he would have to be fighting for the title next year.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Belfort KO. Vitor is the man

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

I like this fight. If "the Cuban" as Belfort calls him wins on Saturday, he will likely get the next shot at Silva. If that is the case, I think Weidman/Belfort would be a good fight. If Boetch wins, I think Weidman should get the next shot at Silva.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Weidman can take this fight on the feet or the mat. Bad matchup for Vitor, I have no clue what some of you are smoking.

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

Posted by george112

good shot? Vitor would knock him out!

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

This is a stupid idea. No reason to risk Vitor knocking off a legit challenger.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Weidman can take this fight on the feet or the mat. Bad matchup for Vitor, I have no clue what some of you are smoking.

On the feet?? I'm all ears.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]