MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC signs top-ranked flyweight fighter Jussier da Silva to contract   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

One of the most glaring omissions in the burgeoning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Flyweight division has just been corrected.

Nova Uniao's Jussier da Silva (14-1), according to manager Andre Pederneiras and the man himself, has just signed with the world's leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion, adding yet another intriguing element to the growing 125-pound division.

Da Silva, better known as "Formiga" ("ant" in Portuguese), burst onto the scene with an upset decision win over then-top dog Shinichi "BJ" Kojima back in 2009, usurping his place as number one in the division. Da Silva has since gone 7-1, his sole loss coming at the hands of UFC contender Ian McCall with a win over Mamoru Yamaguchi following immediately after.

"Formiga" packs a nasty grappling game, with his airtight back control of particular note. While he struggled for a long time with finishing from there, his last four victories have come via tapout.

Link

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Nice! I hope they continue to take from the 125 talent pool Tachi Palace has.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

THANK YOU!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Gotta stay Fly

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Nice, and when just a few days ago we were talking on the boards about how this guy, and others need to be signed! Well done Zuffa

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Bring on the flys!!!!!!

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

YES!!

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

I wonder if Jussier's first order of business is a second bite at the McCall apple.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Come on Mamoru Yamaguchi

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Come on Mamoru Yamaguchi

HELL Yeah!

[View Full Version of this Page]