MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Strikeforce champ Melendez to be offered fourth Thomson fight, Healy on deck   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

The outcome of several fights slated for "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" could play a big part in Josh Thomson's next move.

But in the meantime, the former lightweight champ told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). that Strikeforce plans to offer current champ Gilbert Melendez a fourth fight against him.

"From my understanding, they're going to offer him the rematch, and if it doesn't happen, it's not because of me," Thomson said. "I just want everyone to understand that."

If Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF) declines, Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-2 SF) said Pat Healy (27-16 MMA, 5-1 SF), who meets DEEP champion Mizuto Hirota (14-4-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) on the preliminary-card of Saturday's event, is on deck as the next contender should he be victorious.

link

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Make it stop. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

For the love of god no

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

No thank you. I don't care how entertaining their first fights were. I don't ever want to see them fight again.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Who's the genius behind this idea?

Let's have Ortiz/Griffin fight one more time too on the same card.

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

I do think Thomson won their last fight, however, I think it is time for Melendez to make his UFC debut. I think he has sat too long towards the top of the LW rankings without being tested.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I don't think or see why Gil would take a 4th fight. I'm sure he is sick of facing Thomson.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Just turn it down.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Strikeforce

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

F-A-I-L-U-R-E

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

If Healy wins, have them fight and when Melendez wins that fight, ship his ass to the UFC where he should be. I don't understand why they haven't don't that already

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Actually this fight makes a great deal of sense....only because the SF roster is as deep as a thimble.I wish the UFC would absorb SF already. The only thing I can think of that might be holding them back is the Showtime contract. I would love to see all of the SF fighters in the UFC. Melendez vs.Thomson IV though? While it makes sense as far as rankings go....there really is no need for it to happen again....even though it would be a great fight as their previous three were. Die SF die!

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

They trying to lose people from watching Strikeforce? Well if this fight happens, ill most likely be done with Strikeforce. Nobody wants to see this crap again x4!!

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

This is all Melendez's own doing.

If he didn't sign the new SF contract recently, he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]