MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Former WWE star Dave Bautista slated for Oct. 6 MMA debut   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Former WWE star and longtime MMA enthusiast Dave Bautista is slated for his pro-fighting debut on Oct. 6.

The 43-year-old, perhaps best known as "Batista" during a WWE title reign, will fight New York-based heavyweight Rashid Evans (1-2 as an amateur) at a CES MMA event at Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, R.I., TMZ today reported.

Back in 2010, Bautista told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he was in talks with Strikeforce about a possible deal. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed negotiations, but a deal was never inked.

The CES MMA event will be televised in some form, according to today's report.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Against Rashid Evans

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

If he wins he will be asked to join the elite ranks of the UFC.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Hate all you want, I'm interested in this.

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

As am i

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

I;m about as interested in this as I would be if Mick Foley was starting an MMA career

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I loved to watch this guy in WWE when I was little lol, Wish him the best of luck in his MMA debut.

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I loved to watch this guy in WWE when I was little lol, Wish him the best of luck in his MMA debut.

That's who you watched when you were little? Jesus now I feel old...Stone Cold The Rock and NWO is where its at. Not to mention Kane with his mask.

On a side note, when's stacy keiber making her MMA debut...

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by DrivenDavies15

That's who you watched when you were little? Jesus now I feel old...Stone Cold The Rock and NWO is where its at. Not to mention Kane with his mask.

Lol I watched Hulk hogan Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Million dollar man, Hacksaw Jim duggin, Junk yard dog When I was a kid

Edit:

I couldn't give a rats ass about Bautista.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by postman

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Lol I watched Hulk hogan Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Million dollar man, Hacksaw Jim duggin, Junk yard dog When I was a kid

Edit:

Jake the Snake and Ultimate Warrior were my dudes

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

WOWWW hes joining the game at such a late age
I wish him luck. Would be cool to see him fight in the UFC once or twice.
Lets hope hes kicked hisold habit of using steel chairs

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I guess I'm team Methuselah then I grew up on Hulk Hogan and Kerry Von Erich.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Edit:

Pretty sad, what happened to Old Jake.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

intrested in this, he isnt one of those guys who just said i can do this and wants to try it , he has been training for quite a while.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]