MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on Fuel TV 4 Aftermath: James Te Huna Breaks Hand and Foot in First Round   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

After winning a decisive unanimous decision victory over Joey Beltran at UFC on Fuel TV 4, James Te Huna left the Octagon with a broken hand and a broken foot, albeit also with the Fight of the Night bonus to soften the blow.

Te Huna landed big flurries on the feet and from full mount, dropping Beltran in the first round, but the New Zealander knew something was amiss.

It took until Te Huna went back to his corner following the opening round to realize that halfway through the opening stanza he had broken both his hand and his foot.

“I think it was halfway through the first round,” Te Huna said at the post-fight press conference. “I noticed it towards the end of the first and then in the second or third I felt a bit of it every time I stepped on my foot or used that jab.”

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Yeah boyeee New Zealand all up in dis' UFC sheeit. Haha No seriously I'm over the moon about this. No-one even knows his name in NZ.
TeHuna smashed Anthony Perosh badly after the bell earlier in his career, the ref even had trouble pulling him off. But you make mistakes and learn.

Hey Proph, our season picks are dead even 58-39 Great minds eh?

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Tuna is a beast! I love that you could hardly tell he broke his hand. It's no joke when you can beat up on Beltran with one good hand.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

That kid throws some serious heat behind his punches. If he were hitting nearly anyone else in the division the way he was hitting Beltran he probably would have knocked them out cold I like how he's progressing. He looked so comfortable in there with a well known tough opponent. His ground game is definitely going to be an issue as he rises up the division but hopefully he can progress in that area too.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Great fight! Beltran has a head of stone! FOTN if you ask me.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I was curious why he abandoned his kicking game and took less angles, now it makes sense.

WAR TUNA I MEAN TE HUNA I MEAN JAMES TE HUNA.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by infestructure

Hey Proph, our season picks are dead even 58-39 Great minds eh?

Yeah, but your 200 spot ahead in points

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

no wonder he was throwing those weak leg kicks, did any one else notice those ?

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I noticed he didn't engage as heavily after the first. I thought he just gassed a little after the barrage.

[View Full Version of this Page]