MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mark Munoz Will Call for Title Shot With Win Over Chris Weidman at UFC on Fuel 4   [View Full Version]
lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Now, make no mistake about it Mark Munoz isn’t looking to become Chael Sonnen when it comes to pre-fight trash talk, but he is ready to be very vocal about a subject he’s become quite passionate about.

Fighting for the UFC middleweight title.

“I think that’s setting it up to where should I win that fight [against Chris Weidman], I should be getting a title shot. I’m looking to win the fight, I’m looking to win it with flying colors, and I’m definitely going to be requesting after the fight a title shot,” Munoz told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

“The thing is I’ve always said that I’m going to let my fighting do the talking, and my fighting has done the talking, but now I’m going to do both. I’m going to state my case. I’m going to let the fighting do the talking and I’m also going to verbalize it and say I deserve a title shot.”

SOURCE

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

if he wins, he deserves it.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

if he wins, he deserves it.

Agreed.

It bothers me that the UFC brass would rather see Lombard get his face crushed in brutally after beating Trevor Prangley and Tim Boetsch rather than grant Mark Munoz what he deserves.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Chris Weidman is going to smash Munoz and the UFC will save Anderson saying Weidman hasn't done enough.
Weidman is the best MW besides Anderson and he will prove it! He D'arce choke and suplexes bitches what more do you want? Let's not forget his college wrestling pedigree with wins over Bader and Davis. Munoz is awful against other wrestlers hell even Leben got a takedown high off his ass. WAR WEIDMAN!

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

I'm kinda surprised he would want to fight Silva since they train together but when you want to be the champ it doesn't matter who has the belt.I can't believe you think they will save Silva from Weidman it's more like the other way around.Weidman barely beat Maia and has no chance against Silva

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Didn't they train together at one point? Munoz, Nogs and Silva. I think so. I don't think they still are.

But good that they might potentially fight one another instead of not fighting b/c they trained together.

I know this really isn't fair, but I think it could come down to whoever wins and performs better out of Munoz/Lombard will get the next shot. B/c UFC doesn't always go the fairest way.

Lombard wins and Munoz loses, Lombard gets the shot.
Lombard loses and Munoz wins, Munoz gets the shot.
If they both win, whoever might have won more impressively, might get the shot, like if someone got a finish and the other didnt. If they both get a finish then, Idk.

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars
If they both get a finish then, Idk.

I would say if that is the case then Munoz deserves the title shot because of a four fight win streak in the UFC.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Munoz seems humble but even talking title shot before the fight is sort of looking past the guy in front of you, especially a guy who's looking more dominate. I've got Weidman to win anyway.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

neither guy looked impressive vs Maia

Leben, Maia, Dollaway, Simpson > Maia, Lawlor, Bongfelt, Sakara

Munoz gets title shot with a win. Weidman needs 1 more win after Munoz to get title shot while Lombard will get the shot after KO'ing Boetsch

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Chris Weidman is going to smash Munoz and the UFC will save Anderson saying Weidman hasn't done enough.
Weidman is the best MW besides Anderson and he will prove it! He D'arce choke and suplexes bitches what more do you want? Let's not forget his college wrestling pedigree with wins over Bader and Davis. Munoz is awful against other wrestlers hell even Leben got a takedown high off his ass. WAR WEIDMAN!

Its possible...Weidman hasn't done much, but that also makes him an unknown quantity. I like both guys and it sucks when one has to go back down the ladder.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by MALICE

Posted by Twenty20Dollars
If they both get a finish then, Idk.

I would say if that is the case then Munoz deserves the title shot because of a four fight win streak in the UFC.

I agree. However, UFC doesn't alway give to the most deserving guy.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Atleas

Posted by I-GOT-THIS-PICK

I'm kinda surprised he would want to fight Silva since they train together but when you want to be the champ it doesn't matter who has the belt.I can't believe you think they will save Silva from Weidman it's more like the other way around.Weidman barely beat Maia and has no chance against Silva"

Ohh & Munoz absolutely crushed Maia & Munoz had a full training camp Chris only had a few days to cut weight.

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

I was talking about Weidman against Silva.I don't think Munoz has a chance in hell against Silva either.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

It's only logical that the winner is next in line to fight Silva. Loser fights winner of Bisping/Stann for shot after

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

[View Full Version of this Page]