MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Greg Jackson thinks Cub Swanson can eventually contend with UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Before Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo made his way to the world's largest fight promotion, he built his name under the World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) banner. While with the WEC, "Scarface" terrorized nearly every opponent he stepped inside the cage against.

But perhaps none more so than Cub Swanson.

Indeed, Aldo finished seven of his eight fights inside the blue cage, three of which came inside the first round. But it was Swanson who suffered the quickest defeat of all, falling to a flying knee in just eight seconds.

Embarrassing? Of course. Career altering? Not for Cub.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Card » Posted 2/5/09 4:33:00PM

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I don't think Swanson will ever be on the winning side of a fight against Aldo

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

Maybe he can maybe he cant. but one thing is for sure... he's no hong man choi!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Aldo gave Cub a 3rd eye socket from the last time they fought.

WEC!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Make the rounds 7 seconds long and I like Cub's chances.

Seriously though, Cub's tough, he doesn't mind eating a shot to give on and he has big power and and underrated ground game. The eating a shot to give one might not be the best thing against Aldo, but you have to be able to land on him somehow, and with his power he has a shot at beating him, and a better one than most at that. An 8 second KO is like a drive into the woods when golfing, unfortunately there are no mulligans in MMA, but I'm sure Cub would love to get that mulligan at some point down the line.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I say book the rematch right now!

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Until someone beats Aldo it's hard to say anyone can contend with him, but they have to let Cub have a chance to move up the ranks after back to back TKO's of top 20 fighters. I still don't get the Koch thing, there are a half dozen guys at least that could lay a better claim for rights to have the next shot. If Joe Silva doesn't move Cub up to a top 10 type fight next and instead puts him three steps backwards to a Grice/Damm/Pineda/Garcia type, it'd be pretty disappointing.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Aldo is a beast.

Judging from cubs last fight I didn't get any indication that he would be anywhere close to beating Aldo

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by Card

Yeah... I don't think Greg has seen his fight, somebody better email him this gif

tn_rebel » Posted 1/1/09 9:36:00PM

Posted by george112

Aldo is a beast.

Judging from cubs last fight I didn't get any indication that he would be anywhere close to beating Aldo

Didn't he just have a KO of the night against Ross Pearson? I realize Ross is no Aldo, but he is far from a can and to KO him the way he did is still pretty impressive. How would he have had to beat him to give you that indication?

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

This is a stretch but feed him mike zambidis

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by george112

Aldo is a beast.

Didn't he just have a KO of the night against Ross Pearson? I realize Ross is no Aldo, but he is far from a can and to KO him the way he did is still pretty impressive. How would he have had to beat him to give you that indication?

I'll go out on a limb here and guess: Cub would have to beat Pearson in a fashion that Aldo has beaten any of his opponents that were better than Pearson. Dominate Brutality.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Card

Yeah... I don't think Greg has seen his fight, somebody better email him this gif

right because a 5 second fight clearly shows us everything we need to know

btw when was the last time we saw an aggressive Aldo right off the bat?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by george112

Aldo is a beast.

Pookie pretty much nailed it for me.

Cub won yeah. But just not by domination. He took his share of hits in that fight and there was a reason he was an underdog

[View Full Version of this Page]