MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's Edson Barboza says 2012 ESPY nomination is a win for MMA   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Edson Baraboza didn't see his recent ESPY nomination as a personal accomplishment so much as he did a win for the sport of MMA.

Barboza's spinning-wheel-kick KO of Terry Etim at UFC 142 recently was nominated as one of the year's top 16 plays as part of the 2012 ESPN ESPY Awards. .

Baraboza said that having an MMA highlight actually rank among those in the NFL, NBA, MLB and worldwide soccer is already a big win for his chosen sport.

Link

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

It was a win for everyone that was watching too although it didn't help us in trying to understand Etim

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I cant see it winning but it should. How offten do you see one trained fighter kick another in the head and put him to sleep. This is a general kick I am talking about let alone a wheele kick.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Great kick....best KO so far this year.....though, I see Chael one-upping Edson's highlight reel on Sat.

It SHOULD win, since it's coming from a real "sport" BUT ESPN will have some other non sport win instead.

rush13 » Posted 5/9/10 11:45:00PM

Amazing KO and prob the best still so far this year and I think it will hold up the rest of the year...Barboza still has work to do, he got murderized by Varner

[View Full Version of this Page]