MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Oregon State Athletic Commission executive director on leave pending investigation   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

The Oregon State Police and Oregon Department of Justice are investigating the longtime head of the Oregon State Athletic Commission.

The OSP issued a press release this past week that states Brad D'Arcy, who's served as the executive director of the OSAC since 2004, on June 6 was placed on paid leave as the enforcement agencies look into "conduct associated with the director's duties."

Oversight for combat sports events in the state, including next month's "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" event, now is handled by the OSP, which supersedes the OSAC. The commission's five-member volunteer board remains in place.

"Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy" takes place July 14 at Rose Garden in Portland, and airs live on Showtime and Showtime Extreme. The main event features a middleweight title fight between current champ Luke Rockhold and challenger Tim Kennedy.

Nearly all established North American athletic commissions require drug testing for title fights. Speaking today to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), John Yost of the OSP referred questions about event administration and testing to Gaming Enforcement Division Lt. Craig Heuberger, who now is in charge of the OSAC's business-related matters. Yost declined to answer questions about the investigation. Heuberger was unavailable for comment.

Link

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

He must be a relative of Chael Sonnen.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Glad the STRIKEFORCE event is still on, I woulda pulled a prozac had it been canceled after I bought my tickets

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Accountability in an athletic commission? Oregon is doing it wrong.

[View Full Version of this Page]