MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Vitor Belfort Calls Out Michael Bisping, Not Afraid of Jon Jones   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Card » Posted 2/5/09 4:33:00PM

Belfort Calls For Bisping Then Title Shot, Criticises Shogun, Not Afraid Of Jones - via SPORTV.COM (translated by Fighters Only)

“I guess Wanderlei will be able to fight in October but I only want that my next bout that accredits me to dispute the belt. I don’t know, maybe Michael Bisping. I was only defeated once recently, by Anderson Silva, and all my wins were very convincing.

“I don’t pick fights. There are people who say ‘If they give me this guy, I would rather be fired’! I was even talking about it with Dana White. How can anybody choose their fight? Obviously some managers force things for their athletes go up in the career but I want to make a fight that interests the public. I already am in the end of my career, so I want to do one more fight and go for the belt,” he said.

“Joe Rogan spoke with me that it makes all sense, unless Hector Lombard wins very well over Tim Boetsch. And Lorenzo Fertitta told me that I would dispute the title if I had beat Wanderlei.”

“I don’t know how long I will stay in this division. I wanted to do more two or three fights. If my body will no longer permit this big weight cutting, I will go up (to 205-lbs). I am not afraid of Jon Jones or somebody else... Its not for me to choose my opponents.”

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/16650-belfort-calls-for-bisping-then-title-shot-criticises-shogun-not-afraid-of-jones

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I would love to see him fight Bisping

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by airkerma

I would love to see him ko Bisping

fixed

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

How hillarious would it be if he got outpointed by Bisping and they aligned him to fight Wandy again?!

Chieftan1997 » Posted 1/17/07 6:54:00PM

He may not be afraid of Jones but he would get murdered by him!!! He'd be lucky to last 2 rounds with Bones!!!

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The only reason I was interested in Belfort/Silva 2 was because I expected a highlight reel knockout. Now that Wandy lost to Franklin, maybe Bisping is the best choice. It's relevant for the title picture and could still end in a satisfying knockout.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Chieftan1997

He may not be afraid of Jones but he would get murdered by him!!! He'd be lucky to last 2 rounds with Bones!!!

With Belfort's speed and power you never know.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Dear little baby Jesus, please give us Belfort vs Bisping for our viewing pleasure. I promise i'll never ask for anything else....until I'm popped for indecent exposure

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

It would be a good fight. I think Bisping has improved for his KO loss to Hendo and he handled himself well enough against Sonnen to make me think that he would give Vitor a good fight.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Shut up Vitor, we all know you and especially Shogun like to PICK your own fights.

Spits would manhandle Belfort.....make it happen.....LADD

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by BigBadAl

It would be a good fight. I think Bisping has improved for his KO loss to Hendo and he handled himself well enough against Sonnen to make me think that he would give Vitor a good fight.

While he did look good against Sonnen Vitor has a completly different style from Chael Im not sure the take away from that fight leaves me much to gauge for a fight with Vitor

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Shut up Vitor, we all know you and especially Shogun like to PICK your own fights.

Spits would manhandle Belfort.....make it happen.....LADD

Bisping manhandle Belfort..... I think you need a nap

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

In the UFC Vitor beat Johnson, Sexyama and Franklin....hardly worthy of a title shot. I am not sure why they pitted him against Anderson Silva in the first place. Vitor is on one of the lower rungs of the MW ladder. Why is he even talking about this stuff? I think he needs 2 or 3 wins against guys that matter...then maybe he can talk about tile shots. Retire now Vitor before the guys at the top of the heap beat you into retirement.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

First of all the interview goes something like this... I pick my opponents, except I dont, except I do... And the UFC puts up with me and Shogun doing so because we're white brazilian royalty...

Secondly Shitsping never had a great performance against Chael, he just exposed how physically weak Chaels performances are when he doesnt take his "theraputic" ass injections before fights.

Come on guys, Vitor and Shogun aren't the only guys asking for certain fights or turning fights down. Hendo and Chuck also come to mind. Even Ken Shamrock begged till he got to fight Tori again. More recently Rory MacDonald called out B.J. but since it was a fight that we wanted to see we didn't start blasting Rory for picking his opponent. Remember, its Joe Silva who puts these fights together and Dana has input. If your gonna point fingers, point in the matchmakers direction for giving these guys what they want

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]