MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Michael Bisping Asks If Everyone Else Gets Rematches, Why Not Him?   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

If losing a fight is the worst feeling in the world, having to make that fateful call to UFC matchmaker Joe Silva to tell him you’re injured and pulling out of a fight might be a close second.

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping had to experience that first hand just a couple of weeks ago when he suffered a knee injury in training and was forced to pull out of his scheduled fight with Tim Boetsch at UFC 149.

Now more than a week after having the necessary knee surgery, Bisping is in as good of spirits as he can maintain after pulling out of a fight, the first time he’s done so in his six year UFC career.

“It was tough, it was really tough. I like to fight frequently and I don’t like to pull out of fights. It was hard,” Bisping told MMAWeekly.com about the decision.

Link

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Calm down LADD.....

......you will get your rematch after the dismantling of the Placebo Chump.

Now, go eat some Fish N' Chips, watch Wimbledon and get healthy.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

My problem with Michael Bisping's comments in the last week have been whether or not he is targetting Chael Sonnen or whether or not he is begging for a title shot. In earlier comments, he said, "I want to fight Anderson Silva, so yeah, if Anderson wins, of course I'd like the title fight. I think I've done enough to warrant a title shot." And in this one he said, "Chael Sonnen even thought I won the fight. In the Octagon he said he thought I won the first two rounds. So, everyone else seems to get a rematch these days instantly, why can’t I get one?”

So what does Bisping even want? I can see Sonnen vs. Bisping II but not if Chael is victorious next Saturday night. The UFC does not gift losers title shots like that.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

most of the rematches see to be in title fights

bisping was not in a title fight

I'm not saying he should have to go to the back of the line with a close loss, but still you lost.

He's not going to get a title shot, would need at least two fights or a single win over a top contender.

He's going to be leapfrogged, although I wouldn't call it that because I have the guys probably above him in rankings.

There's Stann, Munoz, Lombard.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

Yeah I'm using this meme again....just seems to make sense for Bisping.

So, everyone else seems to get a rematch these days instantly, why can’t I get one?”

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

I say ok. rematch Hammil

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Drudinh

I say ok. rematch Hammil

hes retired and at a different weight class. Give him a rematch with Wanderlei.

I would love to see Franklin vs Bisping later in the year

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Drudinh

I say ok. rematch Hammil

Agreed

I think that Bisping vs Wanderlei is a great rematch

I'm interested in seeing how well Franklin does at 85 this time around a lot of good fights for him now!!

bigrand826 » Posted 4/29/11 7:01:00PM

“You look at the contenders, who is there? Vitor Belfort just recently got beat, plus now he’s injured."

Hmmm, I think Bisping is in the exact same position, except not really as high in the rankings.

Also, I agree with the Wanderlei rematch idea. Both coming off of losses, although, if I were Bisping, I don't know that I'd take that fight. Wanderlei could still knock him out and if Bisping beats him, I don't know how much that really helps him.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Just when I thought Bisping is turning over a new leaf, he pulls me back in to disliking him.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Beat someone in the top 5 Bisping

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Or top 10

bigrand826 » Posted 4/29/11 7:01:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Shawn91111

Or top 10

Or even top 15. It depends on what rankings you go by whether or not he's even ever beat a top 15 MW. Maybe Leben was in the top 15 when Bisping beat him? Akiyama had just lost to Leben prior to fighting Bisping, so I doubt he was up there. Dan Miller wasn't top 15 at the time was he? Bisping had a good performance against Chael, but it is still a loss on his record.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I used to like Bisping before he coached TUF against Hendo. I can still remember him knocking out Ross Pointon with that flying knee on TUF 3. He has had some good performances, just not in the big fights. Not in the #1 contender fights.

His best wins, imo, are over Denis Kang, Chris Leben and Dan Miller. He has put together good win streaks at times. He just hasn't gotten into title shot territory. I haven't seen the fight in years, but I (and most) contend he lost to Matt Hamill. He lost to Rashad. He lost to Hendo. He lost to Wanderlei. And truthfully, the Wandy loss is the one that really sticks out to me. Since Wandy came back to the UFC, his only wins are against Cung Le and Keith Jardine. And Cung still nearly knocked him out. That is not good company for Bisping to be in. Of his 12 UFC victories, I think only 4 of those fighters are still in the organization.

I say Bisping goes to the back of the line, but fast tracked if you will. Make his next fight high profile, a top five, top ten fighter. If he wins impressively, make his next fight a #1 contender fight. If he wins that, he gets what he wants.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Drudinh

I say ok. rematch Hammil

I knows. that one fight still burns me from the inside

[View Full Version of this Page]