MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > Spoilers Forum
secondary league combo card results   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Via officialxfc.com

Reggie Pena def. John Salter by submission (guillotine) Rd 2 (0:36)

Scott Barrett def. Gabriel Salinas-Jones by split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)

Joe Ray def. Dustin West by submission (arm triangle) Rd 2 (1:04)

Via Yahoo sports
Renato Babalu Sobral def. Tatsuya Mizuno by Arm Bar, R1

Zorobabel Moreira def. Roger Huerta by KO (Soccer Kick), R2

Via Sherdog

Travis Wiuff def. Chris Davis, Rd 1 tko (4:12)

Brett Rogers def. Kevin Asplund Rd 2 tko (5:00)

Atilla Vegh def. Zelg Galesic via submission (Rnc rd 1, 1:00)

Fedor Emelianenko def. Pedro Rizzo Rd 1 Ko (1:24)

Apparently the Rich Hale fight was scrapped. His opponent fought, Hale didn't.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I can't remember how I picked. I know I got the Fedor fight right and the HB but my other picks are a little cloudy in my head.

Posted by Budgellism

I can't remember how I picked. I know I got the Fedor fight right and the HB but my other picks are a little cloudy in my head.

I remember I picked Galesic, and when I read the play by play I thought he won. Apparently I misread that night...

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

There might be a lock time issue, might not have locked in time when some of the fights happened.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

There might be a lock time issue, might not have locked in time when some of the fights happened.

I broke a long Hiatus from the secondary league at the beginning of this season.

Starting back into the league with 2 straight scratched cards would convince me I'm bad luck for the game and I'll go back to picking primary only.

Posted by FlashyG

I broke a long Hiatus from the secondary league at the beginning of this season.

Starting back into the league with 2 straight scratched cards would convince me I'm bad luck for the game and I'll go back to picking primary only.

I have been thinking lately that League 2 should be just scrapped entirely, with not many cards and there are too many late scratches to keep up with.

I believe the Fedor fight was the only one that was a lock issue. I believe that fight went on after the lock. Even if it didn't, I believe that's still 8 fights after the second scrapped fight.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Correct. I believe grappler was made aware, so I'm wondering if the Fedor/Rizzo fight will be taken off. Would suck if the first two secondary cards were scrapped. I think I did well in both of them.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Posted by FlashyG

I have been thinking lately that League 2 should be just scrapped entirely, with not many cards and there are too many late scratches to keep up with.

I've said it several times before but there are a ton of familiar names fighting every single weekend. They just need to be considered. If Fedor/Rizzo wasn't too much of a squash match to be used then we can easily find 15 fights every weekend that are acceptable to use imo.

That Fedor fight didn't start until nearly 3:30 ET by the time they had finished walking out and playing both national anthems. I'm assuming that fight is good but I made my picks several days before and didn't really check them much after that. I have no idea when it actually locked.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FlashyG

I've said it several times before but there are a ton of familiar names fighting every single weekend. They just need to be considered. If Fedor/Rizzo wasn't too much of a squash match to be used then we can easily find 15 fights every weekend that are acceptable to use imo.

Posted by Budgellism

But there are too many late scratches and can't be updated in time with these smaller cards.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by pmoney

I believe the Fedor fight was the only one that was a lock issue. I believe that fight went on after the lock. Even if it didn't, I believe that's still 8 fights after the second scrapped fight.

I think the lock happened before that fight.

I checked to see if I could change my pick before it started and it was already locked then.

The event might have started but the Fedor fight definitely hadn't. Unless my stream was severely delayed.

Posted by Budgellism

But there are too many late scratches and can't be updated in time with these smaller cards.

Says who though? I follow these smaller cards all the time. Yes, sometimes fights get scrapped the day before or the day of the event but in that case we have 14 other fights to fall back on. That's the reason why I want more fights on these cards. Why throw the secondary league out all together when there are still hundreds of people who still make picks and enjoy it?

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Budgellism

Says who? I follow these smaller cards all the time. Sometimes fights get scrapped the day of the event, sure but in that case we have 14 other fights to fall back on. That's the reason why I want more fights on these cards. Why throw the secondary league out all together when there are still hundreds of people who still make picks and enjoy it?

But, we aren't picking the full card on these events. It might be different if we were, but we aren't.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]