MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Feijao tested positive for stanozolol, now he's banned for a year   [View Full Version]
lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante's recent failed drug test was due to stanozolol metabolites.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported Saturday, the Brazilian fighter failed a test following his May win over Mike Kyle. On Monday the California State Athletic Commisssion confirmed the substance.

The CSAC on Monday also said that in addition to Cavalcante's yearlong suspension and $2,500 fine, his win over Kyle will be overturned and changed to a no-contest.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I don't know anything about any of the drugs.

Feijao is filing an appeal, I believe.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i read up on the drug. its an oral steroid, i guess theres not that many of those. apparently many female body builders take this shit and thats why they look like the hulk with tits

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Absolutely ridiculous!! This crap needs to stop....he lost the opportunity to move up and compete in the UFC....and he has no one to blame but himself.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Feijoa, Feijoa, Feijoa, what are we gonna do with you?

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by infestructure

Feijoa, Feijoa, Feijoa, what are we gonna do with you?

Whatever it may be, we must not spell his name right.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I wander what his excuse was going to be? Cyborg has more balls then this guy.

Card » Posted 2/5/09 4:33:00PM

Poor Strikeforce.

A rumor I read in another forum - "Im beginning to think a lot of these "injuries" are fighters getting popped by Zuffa's pre-pre fight drug test."

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i read up on the drug. its an oral steroid, i guess theres not that many of those. apparently many female body builders take this shit and thats why they look like the hulk with tits

Yeah and it's out of your system in 3-4 weeks. 5 weeks and oral stanozolol is basically 99.9% guaranteed out regardless of how each athlete's body metabolizes it. There's really no excuse for testing positive for any oral steroid aside from the very unfortunate few who legit took a product that didn't list it or lists a designer version that metabolizes into the banned PED and in that case you should really not be experimenting with off-brand supplements at this level of the sport.

[View Full Version of this Page]