MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After Gray Maynard complaint, Clay Guida will braid hair for UFC on FX 4   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The most famous hair in MMA might be a little more famous next week.

Clay Guida's trademark locks won't be swinging as wildly next Friday when he meets Gray Maynard in Atlantic City.

In fact, Guida will braid back his shoulder-length curls for the fight – after Maynard filed a complaint with the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board.

LINK

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

The "Bully" sounding like a Pu$$y

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

As if Gray doesn't complain enough in interviews.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Lembo said the nature of Maynard's complaint was that Guida's hair "could pose a distraction to their fighter … and that they thought it gave an unfair advantage to their opponent."

Now I want to see Maynard fight Benson Henderson for some reason. Oh, maybe because Maynard might forget about the hair when he's separated from consciousness.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Who gives a rat's ars how Guida wears his hair, fight the dude like everone else has....his hair is the l;ast thing you should be worried about

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

I'd love to see Guida win this and that was before the complaint...even moreso now BUT I do hate the hair. I think it's in the fighter's best interest to have it up and out of the way . who cares what we think about a dude's hair though...if they want it in the way when they fight then so be it....I don't think it gives Guida an advantage...I think it's a disadvantage if anything other than possibly in a few positions where it could be hanging in the opponents face.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I cant believe he filed a complaint like are you serious Gray and on top of that I cant believe the commission is actually making Guda braid is hair back, this sounds like absolute bs. Soon there going to be telling fighters they have to be clean cut and clean shaved to compete

LuckyCharms » Posted 3/28/11 6:57:00PM

Having long hair that does provide an advantage to Guida.

I used to roll against a guy who had long ponytail hair, and everytime I got his back try to apply a RNC. His hair would get in my mouth. It would start annoying and suffocating me a bit. That I would have to used one of my hands to pull the hair out of mouth but when I did that. I lost control of the back, and went back into guard.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Guida's hair bothers me, b/c I think it puts Guida as a disadvantage.

And I think it would affect Guida more than Maynard. I didn't think you could complain or do anything about it though.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

now i really hope Guida wins

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

this makes maynard look like a total whiner. hair is something you can bitch about to a friend, not put a complaint in with the athletic commission.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

What a joke.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I dunno. I get pissed off by hair in the face, it's scratchy if it brushes your eyes. So it could be used to hinder an opponents sight.

Fair enough I say.

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

Guida should file a complaint that Maynard has to cover up his tramp stamp...

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

This should help Guida because the guy has to wipe the hair out of his face a dozen or so times a round and once in a while he gets hit for doing so. Meh, if Guida is complying and not making a fuss about the request I won't either. For what it's worth, Maynard said he didn't know anything about it, so maybe his camp did this without him telling them to do so.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]