MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Liquor Thread   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

Posted by Svartorm

I read somewhere that the German stuff is strained through opium paper or something, but I wasn't sure if it was an urban legend, but I guess so.

I've heard drinking wood alcohol will damn near kill you, so I could see Absinthe doing something to you. I think its like vanilla extract, where its not itself a hallucinogen, but causes your body to go into toxic shock, which in turn makes you hallucinate.

Yeah thats an urban myth.

As for "wood alcohol", Absinthe uses wood in its fermentation process, namely wormwood, which is supposed to contain the magic ingredient - Thujone, but its not a hallucinogen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thujone

I suppose "Wood alcohol" could kill a drinker, but only in the same way that any other alcohol could, its simply a strong alcohol, not the strongest out there, but its high power stuff, so it could quite easily cause alcohol poisoning.

Signal2112 » Posted 5/31/07 6:49:00AM

I really dig Morgan's Spiced Rum. I'm working through a bottle of standard Captain Morgans, and when I get to the point where I can justify buying another bottle of liquor I'll buy the spiced variety.

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

So many liquors... so little time...

My favorite has to be Jager. Just love it. Little bit of Red Bull and you're set. Hard whiskey can be nice at times when you wanna get tore up.

Yuengling is a good brew, one of my favorites. I basically will drink about anything that'll get me drunk though, not too picky when it comes to drinkin'

I've also got some serious love for a good gin. Gordon's is nice, very middle of the road and tasty. Bombay Sapphire is a bit more expensive, but it's very complex in taste and very classy. Hendrick's is the best, it's very herby, and it comes in a rather nice apothecary style bottle. Smashing stuff.

BigTomZ » Posted 6/21/07 8:14:00PM

I am a big fan of Irish whiskey.

Jameson is the most common. It is better than most whiskey you will find in the US but really average at best among the Irish stuff.

My favorites...

Black Bush (Bushmills black label)
Redbreast (pure pot still)
Powers (excellent with a low price tag)

Absinth is made with wormwood and is not a hallucinogen at all. It tastes really good and gets a nice louche when you mix in a little water. It doesn't make you high or hallucinate, it gives you a nice calm relaxed drunkness.

Which is, of course, exactly what you might be after...

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

Posted by Signal2112

I've also got some serious love for a good gin. Gordon's is nice, very middle of the road and tasty. Bombay Sapphire is a bit more expensive, but it's very complex in taste and very classy. Hendrick's is the best, it's very herby, and it comes in a rather nice apothecary style bottle. Smashing stuff.

have you ever tried the Tangueray #10... that is a very good gin, IMO... there's also a French variety in a blueish bottle that I tried which I liked, don't remember the name though, Citadelle I think maybe...

I'ma whiskey / scoth guy myself... I preffer just a simple crown & 7, but if I'm drinking it with coke I normally stick to jack...

I'll tell you what, for the past 3 or 4 years, I've been buying my dad a bottle of 18 year Macallan (sp?) for his birthday, and I'll sit with him and have a couple glasses...
That 18 is a nectar fit for the god's... If you ever get the chance to splurge, I suggest it

Glenfiddich makes an absolutely excellent 18 year for those into scotch.

adnama585 » Posted 2/11/07 7:25:00PM

I like a little bit of Rumple Mintz(sp) from time to time.

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

have you ever tried the Tangueray #10... that is a very good gin, IMO... there's also a French variety in a blueish bottle that I tried which I liked, don't remember the name though, Citadelle I think maybe...

I've never tried them but I will keep an eye out for them.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]