MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Eddie Wineland Gets 15 Stitches Following KO Win Over Jorgensen   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Eddie Wineland became the first ever fighter to knockout Scott Jorgensen on Friday night, but didn’t come away unscathed.

The Indiana native traded shots with Jorgensen throughout the first and second rounds, with both landing heavy punches on the other.

One shot in particular opened a nasty cut over Wineland’s left eye, and once the fight was over just about everybody could see the cut was going to require some doctor’s work.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I missed this fight. The play by play suggests it was a good scrap.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Dude was lucky the ref let it go as it wasnt bleeding to much....I think if there had been a pause in the action and a doctor looked at it he would have stopped the fight. It was a deep cut kind of above and between the eyes....it wasnt good. He kept highlighting it to the camera too so he could get a look at it himself on the junbo tran....made my wife leave.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Dude was lucky the ref let it go as it wasnt bleeding to much....I think if there had been a pause in the action and a doctor looked at it he would have stopped the fight. It was a deep cut kind of above and between the eyes....it wasnt good. He kept highlighting it to the camera too so he could get a look at it himself on the junbo tran....made my wife leave.

Aren't you glad the ref didn't call for time to get it checked? Had it been stopped due to the cut, the better fighter would have lost.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by jae_1833

Aren't you glad the ref didn't call for time to get it checked? Had it been stopped due to the cut, the better fighter would have lost.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

It was a good bloody scrap. When Scotty was getting treated on the ground blood was dripping off his face. I always love seeing at least one blood fest, I am American after all

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

[View Full Version of this Page]