MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Penn vs. MacDonald! It's on!   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

I'm leaning towards BJ...

I'm sure BJ will win the 1st round, but round 2 and 3 worry me.

BJ will have the better boxing, and the TDD to at least make Rory work to put him on his back.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by DancingDoll

When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by Aether

BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.

Which he would decline as he has said he won't fight GSP.

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I'm shocked, shocked that Penn is coming out of retirement.

I wonder if it will be a 5 rounder...hmmmm.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DancingDoll

Stylistically it seems like a diaz penn rematch. I see lanky bitchslapping coming penns way.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

I think this is just a nightmare of a match up for BJ, this one and about 13 other guys in the Top 15 @ WW. About 1:30 into Round 1, Strikeforce and the Gilbert Melendez fight is gonna be looking like a great idea. But with that said, what a BJ move taking this fight, respect.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.

bigrand826 » Posted 4/29/11 7:01:00PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.

Yes, but Condit it also waiting for GSP to return. I think Condit should be fighting, but he's missed out on his title shot due to circumstances outside his control so I can understand why he's choosing to sit and wait. I just think that if he's got the interim belt he should be defending it not keeping it on the shelf along with the real belt and creating some ambiguity as to where the rest of the division stands.

sonicsmokesweed » Posted 1/23/08 4:40:00PM

BJ by Submission

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

Condescend much? of course I know Condit is the Interim Champ, which is an essentially meaningless belt since he had no intention of defending it once he won it. Even if Rory does beat BJ and GSP has a setback, Rory wouldn't fight Condit for an interim title either, since he wouldn't fight the real title holder should he win it.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

It wasn't intended to be condescending, you talk about the situation as if the interim belt doesn't exist, it was a legitimate question.

MacDonald wanted Condit, settles for Penn

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

So with all that being said.

What happens if BJ wins?

Title shot??

BigDaddy13 » Posted 6/13/12 9:32:00AM

I see this being good for Rory win or lose.
Win - He beats a legend and proves himself.
Lose - He gains experience and finds out if he
is ready or not at really young age.

BigDaddy

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

I believe Rory takes this fight. Penn just hasn't been the same and Rory will have the help of GSP to how to approach the fight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]