MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Why is there not a thread about the Ellenberger vs Kampmann stoppage?   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
FR33B1RD » Posted 3/30/10 5:55:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ellenberger went down and immediately had both hands up to defend the oncoming barrage. The fight was called the minute the knee landed. The actual stoppage was delayed by approximately a mere second which was the amount of time it took for speedy MazzaRatti to get there. Ellenberger was given no opportunity to DEFEND and RECOVER which is BS because Ellenberger was coherent enough to put up his hands - knowing an onslaught was sure to follow. This means Ellenberger knew where he was. He knew he was in a fight and he knew Kampmann was going to follow him to the ground, all of which demonstrates consciousness, evasive strategy, and most importantly - coherency.

Speedy MazzaRatti needs a governor control.

It's so fashionable to make fun of Mazzagatti when the reality of it is that every ref has fucked up big time, and none have fucked up more than the others, if you're going to argue against that I suggest you dig up some stats and opinions on fights that were stopped "prematurely"

Ellenberger was fucking out, he got hit with that 3rd knee and dropped like a brick covering his face and took 3 more shots before Maz could get Martin off him, and Jake was still covering his face when the fight was stopped, it was not premature you're just upset Jake's hype train is done.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ellenberger went down and immediately had both hands up to defend the oncoming barrage. The fight was called the minute the knee landed. The actual stoppage was delayed by approximately a mere second which was the amount of time it took for speedy MazzaRatti to get there. Ellenberger was given no opportunity to DEFEND and RECOVER which is BS because Ellenberger was coherent enough to put up his hands - knowing an onslaught was sure to follow. This means Ellenberger knew where he was. He knew he was in a fight and he knew Kampmann was going to follow him to the ground, all of which demonstrates consciousness, evasive strategy, and most importantly - coherency.

It's so fashionable to make fun of Mazzagatti when the reality of it is that every ref has fucked up big time, and none have fucked up more than the others, if you're going to argue against that I suggest you dig up some stats and opinions on fights that were stopped "prematurely"

Ellenberger was fucking out, he got hit with that 3rd knee and dropped like a brick covering his face and took 3 more shots before Maz could get Martin off him, and Jake was still covering his face when the fight was stopped, it was not premature you're just upset Jake's hype train is done.

I already addressed all of your concerns throughout this thread.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by spang714

Posted by KungFuMaster

I couldn't have said it better myself...not that Ellenberger was not in trouble, or a few more shots might've done him in....but the fight was stopped as soon as the knee landed...crazy

Personally, I thought that Mazzagatti did the same thing in the Nelson v Herman fight...as soon as Herman dropped...the Maz stepped in....I think Herman should've been given a few extra moments

I knew I picked a good fight camp

You certainly picked the right camp because like you - I cannot stand Jon Jones either and nothing would make me happier than to see him lose the championship. I have picked Machida and Rashad over Jones and now I'm picking Henderson as well, all of which are testaments of my hate for the young lad.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

[View Full Version of this Page]