MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Kenny Florian retires from MMA   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

It's official, Kenny "KenFlo" Florian has officially retired from MMA. The announcement was made at the conclusion of the TUF Live Finale weigh ins, complete with a video package that was followed by an interview with Jon Anik.

Kenny was a good fighter, definitely a top quality mixed martial artist. I still don't think anyone has handled Clay Guida like KenFlo did, and Kenny put on a good fight every time he stepped in the cage.

Thanks for memories, Kenny!

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

never liked the guy, but I respect him as a fighter with great skills. Can't say I will miss him though

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

A really good fighter who never could seem to come up big in title fights....but much respect from me...

Also, Kenny, as good a fighter as he was, is an even better commentary guy...long live the Anik/Florian booth

Thanks Kenny

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Overall a good decision from Kenflo in my opinion. He knows he will never win the title and at this point would probably be a stepping stone. I'm very sure we will still see Kenflo helping with UFC events. He is a great analyst and commentator. UFC hall of famer for sure.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Lol, I like how there are three of these posted back to back in the todays topic section.

Sad to see him go. He's done a lot despite never reaching the top.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I'm a little surprised, but only a little. I like KenFlo too, he kept it exciting for the most part. He's a smart guy too, I don't doubt he'll stay involved and be successful in one way or another.

The upside is we don't have to hear his brother shouting with his shrill voice anymore during his fights.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Lol, I like how there are three of these posted back to back in the todays topic section.

Sad to see him go. He's done a lot despite never reaching the top.

Agreed! An incredibly skilled fighter with a ton of work ethic. As I said on the show last night, he's always been a brides maid, but he's been in the wedding party of some damn good brides - BJ Penn, Sherk and Aldo. No shame in any of those losses.

Farewell, and best wishes in the commentating booth.

[View Full Version of this Page]