MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shane Carwin Cleared for Contact, Targeting Return Fight in Early Fall   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Shane Carwin, the bruising former UFC interim heavyweight champion, is officially on the comeback trail.

Following a lengthy recovery from back surgery, Carwin, 37, announced Wednesday he was cleared for contact and issued a request for UFC officials to slot him into a fight later this year.

"I informed UFC Matchmaker (Joe Silva) that I would like to fight in early fall 2012," Carwin wrote on his website. "I would like to be able to fight every three or four months. Barring injury I intend to leave the UFC octagon and head back to the Grudge Training Center to continue the climb."

Link

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Wonder how he will fair.

I'll be rooting for him. He's a good guy

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Man, he really took a beating against JDS. Here's to hoping for a strong octagon return!

BossHog » Posted 5/13/12 9:37:00PM

WAR CARWIN, but sadly I think the JDS fight will prove to be the beginning of a real downslide to his career. That fight was a soultaker

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Lavar johnson should be his return fight.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Wow, that's a great call Budge.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

what a fight

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I was thinking Bigfoot would be a better fight....lets see what the UFC does. Lots of good possibilities.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

I was thinking Bigfoot would be a better fight....lets see what the UFC does. Lots of good possibilities.

No need for Carwin to come back only to break his hand on that dude‘s head. Nelson was supposed to fight Bigfoot at one point. Id like to see that happen.

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jae_1833

No need for Carwin to come back only to break his hand on that dude‘s head. Nelson was supposed to fight Bigfoot at one point. Id like to see that happen.

Why do you hate Roy's hand?

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Shane vs. Stipe or Big Country.imo

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

UFC 151: Never Forget

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

It looks like Hunt and Carwin may be returning at the same time. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? I'm getting goose bumps right now.

Posted by KungFuMaster

It looks like Hunt and Carwin may be returning at the same time. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? I'm getting goose bumps right now.

That works for me. So far you and Budge have come up with his first two fights back as far as I'm concerned.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

I thoght the exact same thing rite after Lavar KOed Barry. I still think its a great idea, i think it would be an entertaing scrap 4 sure.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]