MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rich Franklin steps into UFC 147 headliner against Wanderlei Silva   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva II is set.

UFC officials today announced that Franklin (28-6 MMA, 13-5 UFC) has replaced injured Vitor Belfort (21-9 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and now meets Silva (34-11-1 MMA, 4-6 UFC) in the 190-pound-catchweight headliner of next month's UFC 147 event, which is scheduled for five rounds.

Belfort scratched from the card this past week due to a hand injury.

UFC 147 takes place June 23 at the 25,000-seat indoor arena "Mineirinho" (Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond) in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view, and FX is expected to carry the prelims.

Franklin and Silva first fought at UFC 99, where Franklin picked up a unanimous-decision victory via 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 scores. Franklin had been scheduled to fight Cung Le (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at July's UFC 148 event. There's no word on his possible replacement.

LINK

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

In a related story: Josh Webb steps out of UFC 147 PPV buy.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Lol, exactly. This is not a main event fight at this point in their careers. That, and there is 0 supporting cast to back them up. This card has really fallen apart, what a shame.

And on a side note, I would have rather seen Franklin/Le.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Disappointing for sure

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Lol, exactly. This is not a main event fight at this point in their careers. That, and there is 0 supporting cast to back them up. This card has really fallen apart, what a shame.

There's no way I could justify the price they charge for PPV's for this card. You're right, it's just fallen apart like a Jenga game.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

yucky

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

good shit Josh

Franklin will be 2-0 vs Wanderlily

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I don't mind for the simple fact their first encounter was exciting. Do I prefer this? No, absolutely not.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i hate ruining Franklin/Le for this fight. The UFC should make this card a freebie

UFC 151: Never Forget

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i hate ruining Franklin/Le for this fight. The UFC should make this card a freebie

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Well was Belfort/Silva really a headline type of fight? No, as everyone knew Silva was going to get smoked.

The last Silva/Franklin fight was pretty close and I like this fight more than Franklin/Le to be honest.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

This is probably the best save they could have possibly done

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I can't complain about this fight, the first was close as Shawn said. The card itself isn't great, but when I've said that before it's turned out to be a great night of fights, so we'll see what happens. I'll still buy it, so my friends and I have an excuse to get together, plus then they don't have to do a real "date night" with their wives, just an evening for them to make new memories at casa de cowcatcher.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

Posted by BeeR

if all else fails franklin steps in for a 2nd fight.

to the fight, I would rather see Belchar.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]