MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Jones pleads guilty to DWI   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Link

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones, a Union-Endicott High School graduate who currently lives in Ithaca, entered a guilty plea Tuesday to a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated.

Binghamton City Court Judge Daniel L. Seiden told Jones his driving privileges in New York were suspended immediately, and he will need to undergo an alcohol abuse and dependency evaluation.

The charges stem from a May 19 accident in which Jones was driving a 2012 Bentley that it struck a pole at Grand Boulevard and Helen Street on the city's West Side, according to city police

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Let this be the beginning of the end.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

At least he's owning up to it, a lot of others would have plead not guilty or no contest. Granted, he has really no other choice but like I said, he could drag this out but chose to take his punishment and move on

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

At least he's owning up to it, a lot of others would have plead not guilty or no contest. Granted, he has really no other choice but like I said, he could drag this out but chose to take his punishment and move on

I was just gonna say, step one, he's owning up to it.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'd consider it more of avoiding jail time rather than owning up to it.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Me too, he pretty much had to plead guilty because he was caught and videoed doing it. He's stripped some charges and reduced the sentence but I don't see this him owning up to his mistakes, more damage control.

Jones made a dick move and I think he shouldn't be praised no matter what he does. He drove drunk, which is one of the most selfish things someone can do. He's lucky he only hit a pole, the guy made an asshole move and should be made to feel like a tool.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by FastKnockout

Me too, he pretty much had to plead guilty because he was caught and videoed doing it. He's stripped some charges and reduced the sentence but I don't see this him owning up to his mistakes, more damage control.

Jones made a dick move and I think he shouldn't be praised no matter what he does. He drove drunk, which is one of the most selfish things someone can do. He's lucky he only hit a pole, the guy made an asshole move and should be made to feel like a tool.

This this this and this. People shouldn't be respected and praised for "owning up to" drunk driving. That's what you're supposed to do. Like SmileR said, it's one of the most selfish things anyone could do.

The guy loses even more respect from me. I don't care if "he owns up to it" or not.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Good on Jones for being a man and admitting to his faults.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Jones isn't admitting to anything here.

He's doing exactly what his lawyer/attorney tells him, to make this all go away

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

Well I just hope Jon knows, Rashad and everybody else are praying for him.... Pfff. LMAO.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I wished Jones had pleaded innocent.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Notice how its a DWI and not a DUI. That's what money does.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Pookie

what's the difference?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

what's the difference?

Your questioned spurred me to look up the facts, and in New York DWI is a worse charge. I was mistaken.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]