MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Renan Barao to fight Urijah Faber at UFC 148 for interim bantamweight title   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Urijah Faber (26-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has his opponent for UFC 148's co-headliner and interim-bantamweight-title fight.

During tonight's new episode of "The Ultimate Fighter: Live," UFC president Dana White confirmed surging 135-pound contender Renan Barao (28-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has gotten the slot.

The fight was booked after reigning champion Dominick Cruz (19-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) was forced out of a rubber match with Faber following a recent ACL injury.

Cruz and Faber currently are coaches on "TUF: Live," and their season-ending fight was slated for UFC 148, which takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Faber vs. Barao, which will be contested over five rounds, is the pay-per-view co-headliner behind the night's main event of middleweight champion Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen.

Barao initially was slated to fight Ivan Menjivar (24-8 MMA, 3-0 UFC) at UFC 148. Menjivar's next move is at this point unknown.

Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

UFC 151: Never Forget

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Renan in my opinion is the only option that makes sense

Faber better be careful or he wont be getting another shot at Dominick

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

VIP pass to enlightenment - - -

See Jozay vs Faber for end result.

Edit - - Barao's hands were bigger than Faber's chin, I didn't think that was humanly possible

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I think everyone knew that. I like this better than faber vs Cruz 3.

Now see who menivar gets. Easten? Jabouin? Bowles I hope

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

/Noce!!!!!

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Repeat of Faber/Aldo.

This makes me happy. I won't have to see Faber get another title shot after all.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

lol, don't drink and type

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

faber better put together a serious game plan because we all know barao is a madman just like his big brother aldo

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I prayed long and hard when Cruz vs Faber III was announced. There is an mma god after all.

My belief has been renewed.

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

Barao I expect should dominate this fight and hopefully open up the path for a new champ in the Bantamweight division

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

This is awesome!! This should be a great scrap!!

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by bjj1605

Repeat of Faber/Aldo.

This makes me happy. I won't have to see Faber get another title shot after all.

we all know all Faber has to do is win one more fight and he gets another title fight

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

This makes me a happy panda

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by sparky

Renan in my opinion is the only option that makes sense

Faber better be careful or he wont be getting another shot at Dominick

C'mon Sparky, you know Faber gets unlimited title shots!

I could almost guarantee, if Faber loses to Barao, and Barao loses to Cruz, all Faber needs is a one fight win streak and the trilogy fight is back on.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]