MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
No MMA vote in N.Y. this year   [View Full Version]
Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/7904288/ny-pols-vote-legalizing-mma-2012

"Lawmakers in New York State will not vote this year on whether to legalize mixed martial arts, according to a report Monday in the New York Daily News.

During an Assembly Democratic conference, Speaker Sheldon Silver conducted a closed-door informal vote. Afterward, he determined that there is not enough support to pass the mixed martial arts bill."

even though "The state Senate voted 43-14 on April 18 to approve legislation to legalize and regulate mixed martial arts." it still won't happen.

booooo

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Well seems like we get a step or two forward, just to go back 5 more steps.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

New York....you suck sometimes

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I suspect it's still a union issue. The pols have to know that it they are one of the last states to sanction it. They have to know the money the state is missing out on. The only thing I can see they want more than revenue is being reelected and they don't want to jeopardize that.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

As a New Yorker and a huge MMA fan....this is just absurd and tyrannical. It is getting quite old and very annoying. If I was the UFC I would contact the many Indian Reservations in NY state. The Indian Reservations are already holding MMA events in NY. If NY state wants no part of the UFC I am sure the Native Americans would have no issue welcoming the UFC with open arms. To those who oppose MMA in NY....I give a big F you! Freedom motherfkrs....ever heard of it? America is supposed to be the land of the free.....HAHAHAHA. What a joke.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

It will happen eventually . Just a matter of time

Till then anything related to this issue I will ignore until the headline states "NY passes bill to allow MMA"

Till then

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't think I would ever go to a Ufc event in new York

calitrees » Posted 4/4/09 4:41:00PM

West Coast

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by prozacnation1978

lol,

I'm in Ontario and I would absolutely love to go to an event in New York.

Samps » Posted 9/26/11 2:46:00PM

W T F

[View Full Version of this Page]