MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Alan Belcher War Wagon PSA   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

PSA On behalf of the Alan Belcher War Wagon:

We do not blame you for picking Palhares. How could we expect you to remember that Alan was in the mix over a year ago & supposed to fight Maia for a potential #1 contender shot before he needed eye surgery for his detached retina? How could we expect you to remember that he had won 5 of his last 6, with his last loss being an arguable split decision loss to Sexyama? How could we expect you to remember that he won 3 bonus awards in a row in 2009, 1 Sub of the Night award over Kang & 2 Fight of the Night awards in the aforementioned Sexyama fight & in his win against Wilson Gouveia?

HOW ABOUT THAT FIGHT LAST NIGHT?!?!?! The fight went where Palhares wanted it & Alan still got the victory. We here at the War Wagon knew Alan had a good ground game, but some of us were still in awe when we saw his seamlessly smooth transitions & ability to avoid danger.

Is the call for a title shot premature? Maybe. But remember.....the UFC once rewarded a title shot to the winner of Dan Hardy vs Mike Swick, so it never hurts to ask.

I'm not the founder of the Alan Belcher War Wagon, but I am a long-time member. We do not frown upon new fans, just as long as you're not bandwagon fans. So come on, hop on the wagon & enjoy the ride!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Can't believe he pulled it off

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Honestly I have been keeping an eye on Belcher for a while. I thought he would beat Palahares. I have had him in the top 10 for a while. Belcher IMO can be champion one day.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

hes tough as nails and underrated i wouldnt say im on the wagon but the tattoo certainly always made me a fan

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by the-king

hes tough as nails and underrated i wouldnt say im on the wagon but the tattoo certainly always made me a fan

It's the opposite for me, the tattoo has been the only obstacle keeping me off the war wagon. I think I'm on board now, though, he showed zero ring rust and went after a bad dude in his world and dominated. He's going to be a test for anyone.

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by the-king

It's the opposite for me, the tattoo has been the only obstacle keeping me off the war wagon. I think I'm on board now, though, he showed zero ring rust and went after a bad dude in his world and dominated. He's going to be a test for anyone.

I was gonna say, lol. The tatt is the worst part about Belcher.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'll admit I did think Palhares would win but I'm a big fan of Belcher. A lot of the guys here are. lol Can't just pick your favorites, though!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

It was a hard pick for me. Paul Harris has been on a roll and i still wasn't sold on belcher coming back from the eye injury. Mcdonald wasn't really a tough fight. This was and i am glad he is back

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Impressive victory.....but......no way he leap frogs Munoz if and when he beats Chris W.

Johnny Cash in his last 4 fights.

Wilson Gouveia - 2009
Patrick Côté - 2010
Jason MacDonald - 2011
Rousimar Palhares - 2012

Title shot? I think not, slow down the bus big fella.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I've been on that warwagon since The Talent KO'ed Jorge Santiago at Fight for the Troops! I knew there was a reason we got along so well P_F!

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Belcher was a BIG underdog against Denis Kang too. The Cash man is a warrior!

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

who woulda guessed The Talent was so.. talented

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Impressive victory.....but......no way he leap frogs Munoz if and when he beats Chris W.

Johnny Cash in his last 4 fights.

Wilson Gouveia - 2009
Patrick Côté - 2010
Jason MacDonald - 2011
Rousimar Palhares - 2012

Title shot? I think not, slow down the bus big fella.

Wow. I will add to it with a more complete list.

2009 - Dennis Kang
2008 - Ed Herman
2007 - Kalib Starnes
2007 - Sean Salmon
2006 - Jorge Santiago

Look at that resume! That's a list! Of wins! Against people.

Posted by pmoney

I've been on that warwagon since The Talent KO'ed Jorge Santiago at Fight for the Troops! I knew there was a reason we got along so well P_F!

That flip he did in his fight with Okami won me over. He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the division.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i brought up Swick vs Hardy bc if you look at the wins on their resumes when they got a contender shot, they are comparable to Belcher's. I have no problem w/ him not getting a title shot, i was just saying that if they got one, & everyone else can ask for one, why can't Belcher?

I'd prefer him fight the winner of Bisping/Boetsch since i assume the Munoz/Weidman winner will get the shot.

im a munoz fan too. i'd love to see Munoz vs Belcher!!!!!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]