MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jamie Varner Replaces Evan Dunham, Faces Edson Barboza at UFC 146   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Barboza should take this fight pretty easily although Varner will have a few moments that will get him another fight in the UFC

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Injuries are hitting this card I really don't like varner

Travesty145 » Posted 9/28/11 6:59:00PM

varner is definitely good enough to win this fight but barboza is a beast. i think it just depends on which varner shows up. the one that beat rob mccullough will beat barboza. the one that lost to bendo will get killed by barboza

rush13 » Posted 5/9/10 11:45:00PM

Everybody thinks Barboza is gonna murderize Varner, but most of u must not be aware that Varner is one tough dude who has never been (T)KO'd, he has only been susceptible to being submitted...I'm not saying Barboza won't win but I see him taking a decision like he did against Njokuani and Pearson in back to back fights.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by rush13

Everybody thinks Barboza is gonna murderize Varner, but most of u must not be aware that Varner is one tough dude who has never been (T)KO'd, he has only been susceptible to being submitted...I'm not saying Barboza won't win but I see him taking a decision like he did against Njokuani and Pearson in back to back fights.

Every time Varner is on the ropes and appears close to being (T)KO'd he spits out his mouthguard or asks for a time out. Go ahead, rewatch some of his losses. It's sickening to watch.

I'll add this, the guy is really talented and well rounded, it was obvious in his first UFC fight against a highly ranked Hermes Franca, even though he lost that fight. He has the physical tools, but between the ears there seem to be some problems.

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by rush13

Every time Varner is on the ropes and appears close to being (T)KO'd he spits out his mouthguard or asks for a time out. Go ahead, rewatch some of his losses. It's sickening to watch.

I'll add this, the guy is really talented and well rounded, it was obvious in his first UFC fight against a highly ranked Hermes Franca, even though he lost that fight. He has the physical tools, but between the ears there seem to be some problems.

Ok...I'm just saying he still has a decent chin, plus Barboza went the distance with Njokuani and Pearson and looked less than impressive in the Pearson fight.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I wasn't trying to discredit you, I was just citing a reason why I don't think he's had a (T)KO loss yet. You made a good point for sure.

Posted by cowcatcher

I wasn't trying to discredit you, I was just citing a reason why I don't think he's had a (T)KO loss yet. You made a good point for sure.

No worries, u make a good point too, I'm sure that's definitely helped him keep a (T)KO loss off his record lol

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]